Pea size lump on right side of neck

Posted , 2 users are following.

Over 12yrs I had this lump on my neck worried a little never hurt. My Dr. told me nothing to be concern about only Visible when I tilt my head thinking about getting a ultrasound

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Pea sized lymph nodes are normal..  It's nothing to worry about.   It's very common to be able to feel our lymph nodes..  I can feel mine all over my body.  I can feel my groin lymph nodes, in my arm pits, sides of my rib cage, all over my neck, my upper back, behind my ears and even behind my head.  A lot of mine are larger then pea sized too.   Your doctor would know within one look and feel if it was something that needed to be investigated further.  But.. if you are really stressed about it, then you could always ask your doctor to send you for an ultrasound, just for peace of mind..  Best wishes..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.