Pea sized growth on penis?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm a 17 year old who has, for as long as I can remember, had an odd tumor-like growth located on the front side of the shaft, located barely a few millimeters below the glans. In size I'd compare it to a large bean. It's not hard and more like it's filled with liquid, located barely under the skin and has a slight blue translucent tinge. Touching it doesn't really hurt though it does cause occasional pain when urinating, and has even caused the skin to almost rip ever so slightly at the front - thankfully, there's never been blood, just uncomfortable dead skin that has to be peeled off. From time to time I also experience lower stomach aches, usually at my lymph nodes and around my nether regions which may be connected to the issue. I did some searching but didn't come up with much other than the possibility of penile cancer or a tumor/cyst. I have no known history of cancer in the family and have never had sexual intercourse. Thank you for reading.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, this really needs to be checked out by a medical professional as quickly as possible.  What country are you living in, and can you consult a doctor or go to a hospital?  If not, you need to confide in an adult you can trust to find how to get medical help - again, you need to do this immediately and get ALL of your symptoms diagnosed correctly and the right form of treatment put in place.

PLEASE DO NOT WAIT ANY LONGER .... do this NOW!!!!

• Posted

Hey. I live in the United States, in a fairly suburban/urban region. I can't really go to a doctor or hospital on my own since I don't drive, and don't even know where to start anyway. I'm being held back from telling anybody because of the innate awkwardness of it all. I'd like to add that from some results I've found both on this site and while doing research, it looks almost identical to a smaller form of an epidermal cyst, which are mostly harmless. I'm not diagnosing myself though. Despite this, your sense of urgency is making me driven to do more about it, and it is appreciated. Is there anything specifically that makes you believe this could require medical help?

• Posted

Too often these things do NOT turn out to be something simple.  As you suggest yourself, there may be a relatively simple explanation and be a condition that is likely to go away of its own accord.  But can you take the risk?!

I would suggest being able to discuss things like this will stand you in great stead in your future life: shying away from something that is potentially a really serious health issue for you is not a good place to be, now, or at any stage in your adult life.  This COULD be one of life's major hurdles for you that one really be good to emerge from the other side where you can look back in later life and say "I did the right thing then!"  Being able to speak out and speak up for yourself is a great habit to form, for example, those who achieve most at team sports and in the really competitive world of business and employment environments have these kinds of skills in their armory, or toolbox and know how to deploy them, in the right place at the right time.  So, it is not just about this one health issue that is happening for you right now, I would suggest!

I am not familiar with the US education system, or know whether there are specific youth focused services likely to be in the community in which you live.  Perhaps there is someone with health responsibilities for students at college level where you are right now, or, there may be a 'Youth Leader' working in a community near to where you are live, or potentially, a voluntary organisation who do 'youth focused' work.

Often these kinds of sources of help exist, all it takes is finding them: think of doing web searches for terms like 'your town / county name', Youth, Health, Helpline, Youth Services, Youth Counseling Service, Health Help Line, Health Advice Line.  Through contacting one person, they may be able to 'signpost' you to the best possible source of help - this could even be a Sexual Health Voluntary Advice phone service, and no, you don't need to say straight out you are not sexually active, say you are wanting to find where you can get this checked out for yourself.

What do you think of what I say .....

• Posted

...... just also to add, as you say you may have a simple explanation for your pea sized growth, but it was when you additionally mention:

"just uncomfortable dead skin that has to be peeled off"  - don't get me wrong, but I'm wondering why you feel you need to 'peel it off'?  I have had similar symptoms to this where I felt I needed to do this but this was on the glans / head of the penis and the surrounding tip of the foreskin.  However, it is when you say:

"From time to time I also experience lower stomach aches, usually at my lymph nodes and around my nether regions which may be connected to the issue" - of course they MAY all be linked, or, you may have several different things going on at the same time!  Do you think you could approach someone about the issues other than what you have going on with your penis?  If you can get to speak to a medical professional about these, you can then mention you are really concerned that what you have on you penis may, or may not be serious.  This is another route you could take to getting the advice, help, and potential treatment you need right now! ....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.