Peak withdrawal symptoms

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been off Clonazepam 1.0 for 11 days now and everyday has been really bad but today has been really bad with the head pressure and headache being quite intense.

I was wondering for those who have been off of whatever benzo you took what where some of your times for the worst symptoms and when did they start to ease for you. I know everyone is different but I was just wondering what some general timelines were for everyone.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I'm experiencing same problem as you with headaches. I'm off zoplicone well I'm trying to be off zoplicone this is 4th Day with such bad headache that I can't tolerate anything. So I'm also wondering how I can keep this up. I mean I gotta household to run I need to work. I always give in so I can function. I know that's not the answer but how do you do it? I hope to say 11 days nevermind a year. I don't know if I could have a headache that long 😣

Good luck with you're outcome I hope your headache goes away!

• Posted

Thanks Emma and it has been the most difficult thing I've ever done in my life and the constant headache is hard to take. The other symptoms I've had are bearable but this is just insane!! I also have to work and have a household to help run which is so difficult but I've got to get off this poison and I'm praying it gets better soon.

Good luck to you moving forward and I hope it gets easier for you soon.

• Posted

Thank you Rob. Yes it's tough. I sure hope I can one day say I'm off the pills and my symptoms are all bearable. People always notice if I'm off but I gotta keep trying even though I'm irritable. My family doesn't understand how this feels and how I'd love to be myself again it's not like a switch I can turn off and on.

But take care and good luck to everyone with this struggle.

• Posted

Hi Rob, have you just stopped taking them 'cold turkey'? I have been weaning myself off Lorazepam for the last couple of months. I started by cutting my 1mg tab in half and then into quarters (not easy) Then l left a couple of days between the quarters. I've noticed that after 2/3 days I can feel a tightness in my chest and a sort of lump in my throat.. I try and put up with it for as long as possible.. but I have caved in sometimes and taken a half to calm everything down. I am hoping that the days I don't take them will increase and I will end up maybe taking it every 4/5 days until I dont need them anymore. I also have IBS which tends to flare up as I am tapering.. it's a long road but I think coming off slowly is a better way to go. 

• Posted

I tapered off in a about a week and a half which I know was way too quickly but what's done is done now. I also had the lump in my throats which has subsided, I also experienced minor chest tightness which has subsided also. The worst symptom for me is the head pressure which has been almost constant and unrelenting and I hope it lightens up soon.

Best of luck to you and I hope your able to get off in the near future with minimal side effects!

• Posted

Thanks Rob and fingers crossed. You could try just going back on a smaller amount (if it gets too juch to bear) I had to unfortunately...
    • Posted

I got rid of what supply I had left so I wouldn't be tempted to go back and at this point I'm not going back but it has been tough as hell!!

Can't wait to just have my health back and stop dealing with this nightmare, been doing a lot of praying that God gives me the strength to get through it.🙏🏻

• Posted

Rob, well done for coming this far!! I am positive you will be fine soon, every day you will feel a little better. The spaces between me having to take a small amount of Lorazepam are becoming wider. I wish you all the best and enjoy your newfound health and peace smile 

• Posted

Thanks Pat and I definitely feel like im making progress and today has been the best I've had so far, I'm trying to temper my enthusiasm because I know I'll have a lot of ups and downs ahead but I think things will keep improving as time goes on. Sounds like you should be off the lorazepam soon and I wish you nothing but the best going forward!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.