Pease help!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello, I have for a few years now been experiencing the awful inconvenience of my eyes watering profusely when I step outside. I am 16 years old and this causes me great embarrassment and annoyance on a daily basis. I find that due to the copious amount of tears from my eyes causes the outer corner to become red, stinging and sensitive which is so unpleasant ! I am aware watering eyes is common but am yet to receive much information on how to lessen or preferably get rid of the problem altogether.

I am getting to a desperate stage as to how I stop this so any help would be wonderful. Also note that my eyes water whether or not it is windy and sunglasses is a solution which does not combat this problem for me personally.

Thank you so much,


0 likes, 9 replies

Report / Delete

9 Replies

  • Posted

    I agree, go and see your doctor or an Optometrist.  

    What country are you in Lauren?

    Have you discussed this with your parents?  

    If you use makeup on your eyes, stop using it for a few weeks & see if that helps but do consult a preofessional.  You only have one pair of eyes, look after them.

    Good luck.

    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      Hi Lauren, I have just suddenly remembered my own problems & when I had constantly watering eyes, it was because the manufacturer of the washing liquid I used, had changed the ingredients & I was allergic to an ingredient.

      You may have to play detective now, it could be that your mum has changed the product that she uses to wash the clothes, or, it could be that the manufacturer has changed something.

      You will have to look at anything that goes near your face.

      Good luck.


      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Hi Lauren

    I agree that you really do need to see a dr. The possibilities of the cause are many. For example you my have a blocked tear duct hover this usually causes excruciating pain.

    The only way to find out what is wrong is to start with an eye examination but by a qualified ophthalmologist. 

    Even go to emergency eye clinic if u have one nearby.

    Good luck.

    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up