Pedal machine

Posted , 6 users are following.

I said I would post on the use of the  pedal machine 

I'm finding it great ,..I managed 150 revolutions today ...50 at 3 different times

i've also managed to get my knee straight eventually ...whether it's the pedal machine I couldn't say for certain

but it definitely works for me 

Jean 

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jean, I am with you on this one. Best £50 I have spent, dead proud of myself Friday managed to get on my upright exercise bike. Was tuff at first but after 5 mins was better.

So the little pedal machine in now upstairs in my office, ready for starting back at work in a week.

These little machines just loosen things up around the knee.

Xx

• Posted

I've found it great 

an exercise bike is a no no for me  

all the best with going back to work 

Jean 

• Posted

Hi Nikki

I went back to work three weeks ago; a friend has loaned me one of these which I have under my desk. I can't get all the way round because of the desk but at least I can keep my knee moving!

• Posted

right, jean, that's it!  i am ordering myself one for when i get out of hospital next friday.  that's if my legs are working.  am a bit worried as they will be out of action for 3 days as they are using a different anesthesia to make sure i won't have ANY pain at all.

let me go and order one off amazon immediately!  thanks for keeping us posted and congrats on the improvement.

• Posted

I really am glad I bought it .... It is worth every penny to me ...and it keeps the grandkids quiet too ....lol

as I say I use it on my flabby arm too

jean 

• Posted

Let's think of Britta today, undergoing her manipulation in hospital. It's been my bogeyman.  My surgeon has threatened me with this since my op. 

Caz

• Posted

I sent Britta a message to say I would be thinking of her 
    • Posted

She is very brave, but what's the alternative?

It makes me smile when people say they would never have a TKR. They say they would rather crawl first, but they forget about the pain. 

This time next year every one of us will be over this.

Stay strong Jean

Caz x

• Posted

You are so right and I hold my hands up to saying that I would rather crawl than have this Op,..but that was.at my lowest point 

I recently found a notepad I had written in about the pain I was in before the Op and how I couldnt walk and as you say in the Summer we all should be walking round pain free.

Britta is one brave lady land my love and thoughts are with her today 

take care x

Jean 

• Posted

Yes Jean, at my lowest point I was heard to scream, I wish I'd had the leg amputated! And I'm a spoilt brat, waited on hand and foot.

At 4 weeks my hubby took me away to the country to Basildene Manor ( google it) for a week, so I could walk around their beautiful English styled gardens. As I said, spoilt brat here.

I just went shopping, for the first time I didn't have to sit down. I still clung to the trolley though.

Caz

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.