Pediatric Achalasia

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello fellow members of this forum and beyond, 

I've a 15 year old daughter, who's been suffering from Achalasia since Apr this year. Since then she lost 22 lbs. She used to be an athlete and also very active in all aspects of school life but now she has to give up on the sport she love, and just concentrate on academic and club activities. Although she's a fighter and she's been trying to stay upbeat, manage it as much as she could, the physical and emotional drain are very obvious on her and on us. Being a parent, it's very hard to look at your kids suffering and you can't help with it. I tried to read and learn a lot about Achalasia and offering her useful tips and foods I cook to provide her enough nutrition but all those are not working well. I don't know what to do...I asked those useless "why her, why not me?" questions numerous times. I don't know what's the best way of helping her at this point. We talked to a surgeon on POEM already but my daughter is not ready to go with the operation yet, so we want to try all our best to manage it. 

Being desprate to find a best way to help my daughter, I'm sincerely asking for your help, please offer me your advices, anything would help. Thank you All for your time listening to me and wishing you All very Best.🌻🍀

1 like, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Don't go too long before getting operation. I waited too long and my esophagus got very dilated, not a good thing! I got the operation and am doing so much better now!!! I wish I had not waited!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.