Peeing at night often

Posted , 13 users are following.

I have been on Tamusolin 0.4mg for last fours years for BPH. I have a problem with getting up multiple times at night to pee ( atleast twice, sometimes thrice). Can someone suggest a remedy for this, since I would like to avoid getting up at night since it disturbs sleep and getting back sleep is sometimes difficult.

Also I feel that I am unable to void fully first time but it improves as the night wears on and multiple john trips..

pls suggest from your experience...

thanx

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Surgeries at this stage is probably not necessary. Here are some suggestions:

1. Control your fluid intake. The way I do it is getting most fluid intake in the morning. One cup of fluid for lunch. Dinner is compose of dry foods, no soup or fruits or salad here, and 1 cup of fluid.

2. You may have sleeping disorder. Try taking some non habit forming sleep aid for few nights to see if it helps.

3. You probably have urinary retention. You need to find out how much. Depending on the answer, you will have to make decisions on what to do next.

Hank

• Posted

Tamusolin is Flomax.  Just learned.  Thanks, and good luck!
  • Posted

Have you tried self cathetering before bed to make sure you have emptied your bladder completely? And maybe stop drinking anything after 8pm?
  • Posted

Hi s43429,

I've had this problem for a couple of years.  What you could do is keep a "bladder chart" for a week.  Note down how much you drink and how much you void for every hour of the day.  If it turns out that you void more at night than during the day you may have nocturnal polyuria which causes nocturia (having to get up to pee at night).  This can be treated by taking a medication such as Noqdirna before bed.  This is an anti-diuretic which inhibits the production of urine when you are asleep.  It is available in the UK (I've been prescribed it) but you may have to have your sodium levels monitored every so often.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.