Peeing blood

Posted , 2 users are following.

At the end of my last period 4 weeks ago I peed blood. I know it wasn't my period as it had just about finished and the blood in the toilet was just different. So I got a pot, peed in it and there's the blood. To cut a long story short, I went to the docs, he sent me for cystoscopy and kidney scan and apart from a cluster of blood vessels in my bladder which he said are common, there was nothing to worry about. I've been referred for a kidney CT scan which I'm still waiting for. Fast forward a couple of weeks of no visible blood in pee. I got up today with mild groin pain, walked the dogs, got home and there was blood in my pee. I called doc who asked me to drop sample in to test for infection and she also said my notes from urologist have said if further blood I may need biopsy from bladder and something done with blood vessels. Anyway, a couple of hours later my period started, very light when they are normally really heavy and since then I have peed blood every loo trip. Before anyone says anything, I know it's not my period I'm seeing as a couple of days after last period ended I had intercourse with my partner and peed a lot of blood after that. I'm scared, even though I've been told there's no cancer. Why the hell am I peeing blood when my period is here?

I feel like going to A and E just to get the ball rolling faster as It only seems to be visible when I have a period which is now.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Bella. I would personally go to A&E. Your bleeding from somewhere or something. You should get some blood work done. And get a urine sample off for a culture. A&E would be the best thing because they will get blood results back faster. I'm in ireland so that's how it works here. Iv constant blood in my urine samples. It hurts to pee. But if I had blood in the toilet. I would be straight to A&E. My mother in law pee blood though and she has cystitis. I can't understand the period thing tho. Maby it's connected. A small fistula? Who knows. Makes your business the drs

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. I went to a & e last night after my 16th trip to toilet in two hours and each one bright red. They referred me over to the out of hours doctor in the hospital who has took a sample for testing. She said it was full of white cells and the obvious blood so sent me home with antibiotics. She is sending sample for further tests, so the lab will get the one I put in yesterday morning through my own doc and one from a and e last night. She has no clue why it's happened during my last two periods though. Its the most bizarre thing. Even though I've been told I don't have bladder cancer I'm still petrified it's somewhere else or they have missed something. Hopefully I'll get some news soon and this CT scan will come soon, waited over 2 weeks already. Thanks again Veronica.

• Posted

Don't worry to much. It will drive you crazy .. lol I can tell you I'm 24 and iv myself driven into a dark hole with the worry and anxiety I don't wanna go anywhere or do anything because I feel like there is no getting away from this. I have no diagnosis repeated infections every 2 weeks constant blood in my urine samples iv pain at the end off urination that radiates up in to my urethra and I feel like there an awful raw patch just under my pubic bone and it's horrible feels like a bruise really. And I have a lesion on my urethra that I can feel when I'm walking as well as the bruised feeling. I feel awful and can't seem to get rid off it. Have tried lemon barley water. Baking powder and water. Urispas. Daktarin daktarcort Canesten blue and red emooverate cream and betnovate! Iv even tried organic virgin coconut oil lol. I tried panadoles (pain killers) but no change. It's depressing especially when you can't get the anwser to make you better. All we want is to be better. But remember what bob marley says "when you worry you make it double" don't worry and don't take it to heart what people on here says I find reading some people's reply on here very very scary and would leave you petrified! Just know you are not alone ud be suprised how many people living beside you has something similar. Bladder is very resilient... re grows it's lining every 10 days. U could have bacteria in the lining off your bladder and it could inflame it causing the capillaries to bleed same as ur nose. Them capillaries are very sensitive anything would set them off. And if you have acidic urine it's bound to aggrivate them.

But all I know is that lady I know pee out blood and she has cystitis..

Ohh and periods make cystitis worse!! I find when my period starts my bladder gets sore! So maby your period is setting off cystitis. But don't worry smile you will be OK just keep going to the Dr and the anti biotic will clear what you have now up

• Posted

I hope that it is a simple infection and nothing dodgy! But if it happens every period I want a hysterectomy...I feel awful, drained and stressed. I'm trying not to worry but until I'm told an answer I can only speculate as to what's going on. When I come to think about it my urethra felt bruised a few weeks ago for no apparent reason. It went after a few days and then all this started at the beginning of January. How long have you had all this going on Veronica?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.