Peeved off!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I wish i knew what symptoms are with what!!  I have mild gastritis, acid reflux symptoms and a 2cm gallstone. I keep feeling like my lungs are congested and bring phlegm up in the morning. I get random nausea, fatigue, shoulder/back/neck discomfort. I have had all my bloods done, chest listened to, oxygen levels checked, endoscopy, x ray of right shoulder and abdominal scan. All fine except mild gastritis and 2cm gallstone. I am having a chest x ray on tuesday because i have basically told my gp i think somethings wrong with my lungs but she doesn't and isn't worried at all. She said she wouldn't normally do it but sending me for peace of mind. 

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hiya Dianne!

I'm in the same boat as you. My acid refux/gastritis are causing some really, really weird symptoms and it's kinda becoming a joke now. I started coughing up mucus after a bout of cold and it's been 3 weeks and it still kinda disturbs me. During the same time, I had a weird, vague discomfort in my shoulders/neck/back which either becomes worse or better every day. It's kinda bad today. It's mostly the upper back between the shoulder blades. As an added bonus, I believe I have a serious anxiety disorder of some sort. Thanks to the internet, I'm getting all sorts of nightmares of either having pancreatisis or....something worse. Although I'm pretty sure it's my bones or a muscle strain.

At least, those tests will bring your mind at ease. 

Gastritis is one hell of a condition...

• Posted

Yes Dr google diagnoses you with all the worst things and then you have anxiety. It's a vicious circle.
    • Posted

'Me: Hey Google! Long Time no see! So err I have a sore knee. It's not that serious but-

Google: Ok. It's probably a stage IV tumor and you may need to chop off you leg from that. However, it may have spread to your colon so you have to remove that too. While you're at it, you might have a serious infection from the initial surgery so yeah, you're pretty much screwed.

Me: Oh...uh. Wow. Thanks?

Google: Any time, man. Any time. (Evil Laugh)'

Google should be awarded an oscar for the best negative role in the known history.

• Posted

Lol Ahmed..

I totally agree with you. I read so much of stuff on the internet and became so depressed that my husband and family couldnt recognize me anymore (from the person that I was). Stopped reading stuff on the net and I can guarantee it was one of the best things I ever did in my life. 

• Posted

Hi Diane,

Are they treating you for the gallstones??I have the same thing-gastritis and silent reflux. Gastritis can cause all sorts of weird symptoms. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.