Pelvic/Abdo Mass ? Ovaries

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I'm just posting for some ideas.    I have had bad lower stomach bloating since end of last year.    Finally went to GP in May, a large mass was felt above my navel.   I was sent for a USS that showed a 22 x 16cm mass in pelvis stretching into my upper abdomen.   It is a cystic mass.  I had a CT scan last week, which confirmed cystic mass but they are not sure where it's from.   They think ovaries but not sure.    They are talking about needing to do a biopsy, not sure if this would just be as a standalone procedure or after the cyst was removed.   

Has anyone else had a similar situation, where origins of cyst were unknown after CT and USS? 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Jules

I’ve not had a similar situation but just wanted to say hi sweetie as I can imagine how anxious you must feel.

I’m due for my operation on the 24th July to remove a cyst on my right ovary which has been pressing on my bladder - I feel ridiculous as that hurts me daily and it’s only 5cm some ladies on here have 22+cm.  

My friend had a large fibroid which they thought was cystic and had a vertical cut they managed to save one of her ovaries as some of it was attached to the other they had to remove it but she’s 2wk post op still tired and getting told by the surgeon she needs to rest more for the incision to heal - she told me to advise you not to lift anything until your surgeon agrees it and get as much rest as possible also get on top of your pain meds and ask for sena (as pain meds constipate you) hope that’s helpful huni, hope you get sorted soon x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.