Pelvic and low back pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

HELP! have been experiencing pelvis pain on and off for about 3 months now. initially they told me i had a UTi and I took an AXB (bactrim) for 10 days. Once the 10 days were completed i still was having the discomfort. My ObGyN OFFICE did a transvag Ultrasound that was normal- ruled out pelvic infections- so my GyN told me to see a GASTROINTESTINAL doctor- so i did. and he doesnt seem concerned as i told him about 7 months ago i actually did have a Ct scan that was normal, that was due to a Er visit after i ate something bad i believe. what to do???? this back pain and pelvic pain are kiling me! could it be muscular? pinched nerve, herniated disc?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Have you googled interstitial cystitis?

Check out the Interstitial Cystitis Network - on the front page the forums are listed. Check out the one about not yet diagnosed and see if that looks familiar. Very easy to register and ask questions. They are wonderful there - very kind and compassionate.

So much confusion on this subject.

The pelvic pain (to me it was like menstrual cramps) is a real indicator. The back pain I don't know - maybe. Check it out with them.

Many IC people also have irritable bowel syndrome. I have inflammatory bowel disease.

IC is yet another immune system disease. You have to follow a strict diet in terms of food, liquids, etc.

Good luck.

• Posted

have you been swabbed for infection of the cervix i had pelvic inflammatory disease and that didnt show up on a transvaginal scan cause me lower back pain one sided pelvic pain anything related to ur pelvis and pain in that area is usually related to your reproductive organs higher up around the kidney are is usualy kidney stones or infection a transvaginal scan is not very reliable for infection swabs are the best method

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.