Pelvic ffloor exercise make me want to wee... Why

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi ladies

I'm 8 mths post op from tvh and anterior repair. All gone without any issues and no pain at all.

Can anyone tell me why I feel the urge to wee after doing kegals?

It may not be straight after but they leave me a sensation like I want to go.

I have no bladder issues or leak.

Am I doing them to tight? I've seen a physio so.i.know how to do them correctly.

I know I have mild back wall weakness so may be that's why. Any advice please anyone.

Thank You ladies🙏🙏x

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

The reason you get this sensation is because your pelvic floor is weak and the lining of your vagina is probably thin which is normal as we get older because of the reduction of oestrogen. Continue with the exercises and it will get better but slowly.
    • Posted

Is that you matron?? If so how lovely to hear from you.

I have been taking vagifem for over a year now so I think by now my vaginal tissues have thickened up by now so not sure why this is happening.

It does put me off doing them because of feeling.

I have had a lot of surgery though.

Hyster and 're anterior in January.

Thank you for your help and so happy to hear from you.xc

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.