Pelvic floor and imbalance

Posted , 2 users are following.

Looking for some knowledge and wondering if my siduation can affect pelvic floor. I have a hip imbalance and one rotated hip which is  causing tightness one side and my muscles on the other particularly  my glute not to work! I have over rotation in one hip due to this and no rotation in the other. I've been to two physo and he noticed my muscles were not working correctly. This I feel is making its way up though out my whole body considering your pelvis is the centre. Now I also have an issue with holding in flactulence I can only describe it as leaking and my inability to hold this in when I do go to the toilet  evacuate this does help. However it' does start building up again. also I do have h-pylori infection  which I'm trying to eradicate and IBS  but I'm starting to think the inability is relating more to my hip could this be possible? I have no problems in other areas of the pelvic floo. Thank you 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

It absolutely can! I'm in a similar situation (interstitial cystitis and IBS) and my urogyno sent me to pelvic pt after a bad uti caused my levator muscle to spasm. It turned out my left hip was out of alignment and that created tense and malfunctioning muscles throughout the pelvis. My left glute was also weakened. PT has helped so much, urinary urgency and frequency are decreased and my hip hasn't popped out in over a month. I wish I had started this when I was first diagnosed with IC! I'm sure you'll find results for your digestive issues as well- just be sure to do the "homework" you're assigned lol. I work in a gastroenterology office and we refer people to pelvic pt all the time. Good luck!

• Posted

Thanks Amanda I'm booked in with another orthopaedic and a gastro for my HP in a few weeks so I'll be sure to mention this! I mentioned the flactulence issue to my new Pt I'm paying for and he Just asked if I had urinary issues as I didn't he didn't seem to fussed, il be sure to question this again. Can I ask did they give you exercises to sort out your alignment first or was it pelvic floor work? Praying I get there in the end 

• Posted

Both pelvic floor work (in office and some I do at home) and a series of stretches and glute strengthening exercises.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.