Pelvic floor exercisers (Pericalm)

Posted , 7 users are following.

Any thoughts on these machines ladies? I was advised by my PT to use one,tried for a couple of weeks but got lower back pain. Stopped for a while then re started. Still don't feel any benefit.Went back to PT,she said to use for 6 weeks continously,if no improvement another 6 weeks,seems like a long time to me for no obvious results but loathe to go under the knife again as last op wasn't that successful

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have the kegel 8 with probe. It provides electric stimulation by pulsing. Feels much stronger now. Cost a fortune be with it. You can I see it and start programme then sit and watch TV.
  • Posted

I would also welcome answers to your posting.

I have heard that the machine could cause PN pain if used too much.

However if anyone has used something to help which is a simple machine would also appreciate info.

• Posted

I have Incontinence stimilater and used for years on and off never experienced pain. Everything feels tighter after I use it I need to upgrade but can't afford to at the moment. Maybe you have it on wrong setting. I would persevere with it, it takes patience you have to keep it up that's the thing we lead busy lives but you have to fit it in to your day. I find first thing in morning when you wake best time to do it x

• Posted

I did pelvic floor exercises religiously for 18 months after my prolapse op. Even checked by a gynae physio who confirmed I was doing them correctly. Then bought an Elvie which is supposed to help strengthen pf muscles by giving you feedback on your squeezing. Complete non-starter ~ couldn't even hold it in. I've now been using kegel 8 Ultra 20 for 8 weeks and really see a difference. You can feel the pull.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.