pelvic floor muscle training

Posted , 7 users are following.

Very interesting article on a web site reguarding  pelvic floor muscle training.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Doing a second post so the whole thread doesn't get nuked from orbit in case I reference something and things get deleted. Anyway B   P  H        N  E  W  S .        C O M has an article today about pelvic floor exercises being as helpful with LUTS as flomax. Its a small study but very encouraging. Another article there talked about a supplement called Proflus. Interesting stuff

• Posted

read several of the articles ... good resource for up to date research.

thanks. ed

• Posted

Title is kind of misleading since it is only using Pelvis Muscle Therapy as a comparison to a small control group using drugs, not training.

Their conclusion from a study (have to purchase in order to see it) says:

"Nevertheless, men who had PFMT intervention scored better on global perception of improvement than those taking Flomax.."

What is "global perception"? Smaller universities are noted frerquently for research.

The company is BioNews Services, which provides link based articles to attratct patients for "100% advertising" targets for advertisers. Optional email popup is asked so it can build up a weekly newsletter for advertising revenue. 

The "headline" concept of some of these studies distort it's relative importance (comparisons, duration, participants, results ..).

The major problem in medical research studies, is that the results are not publicly made available until they are peered reviewed, and then they have to be published and uploaded to the internet (take a long time for new and relative info).

This info-related company will endure the same fate.

• Posted

Had never heard of water jet to reduce size of prostate and I thought I had read about everything on the subject. It was one of the articles I read on this site.
    • Posted

Already a thread in this forum on the topic:

"Aquablation for BPH"

• Posted

Appreciate that, and will check it out.  Value your opinion, and hope you're doing well, my friend.  By the way, your call on John's expertise, regarding prostate issues was spot on.  He gave me quite a few things to think about.  Just took a fast look at that site.  I bookmarked it.

• Posted

Thanks uncklefester for that link. I already saved it and read a few articles. I can confirm the one about Avodart unfortunately. This site looks like a valuable resource.

Take care.

• Posted

Hi Neil yes its a pretty good site. Sometimes the articles are a little vague but it can give you ideas for internet research
  • Posted

Consistent with the article, I have found focusing on the relaxation aspect of voiding has increased my natural voids as opposed to the usual focus on pushing it out. That said, I would like to see some numbers on this study as saying the results are comparable to Tamsulosin isn't necessarily saying the results were that great.

Jim

• Posted

Works the exact same way with me. I never push to pee. If stream is really weak, I take a few deep breaths and flow returns. I generally only have weak stream at night though

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.