Pelvic floor prolapse- Scared

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am 35 have 1 child 2 years just dianosed with stage 3 cystocele and rectocele and feel very scared i was misdiagnosed over a year ago when i felt a bulge thinking that it might be a cyst of some sort this is so unreal i never even heard of pelvic organ prolapse before now i feen underinformed about such an important condition. I was readu to do anything lose a littke weight personal trainer kegel weights then the dr said that my best answer is surgery. Crazy.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I'm sorry that you are quite  young to have these problems, I had them at 50 and now at 65 I have cystocele prolapse, but did have a hysterectomy at 50, I have 2 grown up sons now and the second one born in 1976 was a very large baby and  a difficult birth, which probably caused the prolapse of my uterus. I never thought after that I would have anymore problems, Exercise doesn't work once the prolapse is "bulging" which is why surgery was suggested, but they have their risks, and my gynecologist mentioned that a ring can be fitted, so it might be worth asking about that to avoid surgery. I  wish you well with whatever you decide to do, 

• Posted

PS, Don't be scared as it is not dangerous, even if you never have anything done about it, it's just uncomfortable, and I have pelvic pain now that goes right underneath to my lower back, so at a later stage I might need surgery!!

• Posted

Hi, 

I think that you should see a pelvic floor physiotherapist in your area first before you make any decisions about surgery. I would want to delay surgery as much as possible and there are great resources out there for it. Hope this helps smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.