pelvic floor repair

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am 5 weeks post op from anterior and posterior repair. I had no problems after surgery not even any pain . But 2 weeks post op I had really bad diarrhoea for 3 days. No sickness and didn't feel ill. The doctor just said it was a bug. It stopped for a few day, but came back , and I've now had it for 2 weeks. Reflux also. I was given Omeprazole 2 a day, and told to come back in 4 weeks!! I was told diarrhoea is very common and not to worry it will probably clear up on its own. My God, I am so worried it will cause me to prolapse as its so aggressive. It restricts what I can do, where I can go . The reflux has stopped, but I have a lot of internal pain at my wound site and back pain. Really don't know what to do. I've been to the doctors 4 times, and don't really feel I can go again.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I am nearly 4 wks post op. anterior repair. The day I was due to leave hospital I had diarrhoea after they took out the catheter, every time I passed urine, I opened my bowels as well with diarrhoea, I had no control over it. I told the nurses and my consultant before I was discharged and they said not to worry and they stopped the anti-biotics as they said that can cause it. It was the same for a few days then settled down. I had another bout of diarrhoea a couple of weeks ago, but that has now settled down again. Your body has been through a lot with the surgery and things are sure to worry you when things aren't as they should be. If you are still worried contact the doctor again or even ring where the hospital where the surgery was done to get advice I am sure they won't mind. Watch what you eat as some foods will upset your stomach as it is very delicate at the moment.

• Posted

Hi Elaine, thank you for sharing this with me. I did ring the gynae ward where I should have been admitted to if they'd had a bed, I'd had diahhroea so bad it burned me and the sister asked me what i was actually worried abouy ???!!!. That bout did stop but its started again and it lasts about 3 hours every morning so i cant plan to go anywhere. I eventually went out today, and had an episode when i was out. Ive seen a trainee g p who wants me to wait 4 weeks for a stool test, and ordered a lipip blood test. Apart from that , i know not what to do, . I have seen doctors 4 times since my surgery, and i get the impression theyre like , Now what ? And what exactly do you expext me to do. Im now having to take painkillers 4 times daily . It actually hurts me to walk. I have low back pain and low left abdomina pain which doesnt completely go with the tablets. Also a lot of internal pain and a feeling ling my insides are about to fall our . Is that normal ? d i

• Posted

Hi Deanne

It could've been a gastro bug

Did you do a stool sample test?

Hope you're feeling better

Best regards

• Posted

Thank you Sheeba. I think the first 3 day episode was possibly. But i felt absolutely fine in myself . Apart from the diarrhoea which actually lasting for the whole of those day and in the night. It went for a few days Now its just every si

ngle day but typically for the first 3 hours after I get up and the pain

.usually at about 5 .30 i wake with terrible stomach pains. The doctor i saw said she would do a specimen test after 4 weeks. I put on weight in the first 2 weeks but tha

t's all gone, plus more besides.

• Posted

Hi deanne. I'm not an expert but it could be the handling/bruising of your colon during the surgery. If you could get an appoitment with the surgeon he might be able to put your mind at rest anyway. My bowels are not yet right after 6 months post op for ovary and cyst removal. Still having periods of constipation/diarreah at times plus back and hip/pelvic pain. I'm waiting for a letter to go in for prolapse surgery now so will ask at my next appointment in a couple of weeks. We just need reassurance that nothing's wrong I think. Diarreah does cause weight loss as we lose lots of fluid so you need to drink plenty of water/fluids, nothing which might start you off again and eat very plain food, nothing fried, fatty, greens or spicy until you have stopped having the runs for several weeks in my experience as they could start it off all over again. Take care x rolleyes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.