Pelvic floor repair

Posted , 8 users are following.

I had a pelvic floor repair 3 days ago.

Is it normal to feel stitches just inside my vagina

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Is it normal to feel stitches just inside my vagina 3 days after surgical procedure
  • Posted

I am 2wks post op and had dr check at 1wk saying YES, those sutures are right at the opening and a set on each labial side outside. All good!
    • Posted

I had anterior and tvh and did not have stitches on labia??

Never heard of that being done for anterior or posterior repair?

What op did you have.x

• Posted

Yes, it’s normal but the stitches are dissolving. That’s is usually the process
  • Posted

Absolutely. They can get quite irritating at times and sore but they dissolve and soften over time. One lady I remember said she felt like a pineapple was stuck in there!! It gets better.

Rest, rest and more rest is the answer. Takes awhile but it does get better.

• Posted

Hi

I had my repair in May and I could feel prickly stitches when I walked 4 weeks after surgery. I mentioned it to my surgeon at my 6 week check up and he said it was all normal. At 6 weeks I still had stitches they hadn't dissolved. Ur very early stages yet, the op is quite brutal ur body will take time 2 heal. Rest up 😚

• Posted

Normal. I visited my doctor on the eight week and I still had stitches. When I entered my 5 months after surgery I formed a watery discharge. I called my doctor and he stated that the deeper stitches are healing with takes 5 to 6 months
  • Posted

depends on how they did the operation i had anterior and posterior for bowel and bladder and pelvic repairs. and my stiches didnt go till 9weeks or after. my op was in may and i havent had a follow up appoitnment and am waiting to hear back from them as doctors referred me for a follow up as still have pain in side which is aweful and get so sore hurts my back. i just want to feel normal again .if they did vaginal surgery you defiantaley will have stiches for a few more weeksx
  • Posted

Yes, I’m 35 years old I had sergery for cystocele and rectocele with a mid slim and interior and posterior repair and I’m 17 days recovery know and I still fill some stiches on the out side if I wipe it huts a little so I pat dried. And for sitting it hurts so I lay most of the time and walk not to fast 
    • Posted

Same here!  I’ve been assured it’s normal but doesn’t make me like it.
    • Posted

I have a ? Know I’m on 4 week know and I have this smell coming from down there do you have that too? And I fill like it stinks 😷 what can I do? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.