Pelvic floorShe gave me more advanced core ecpxercpppp

Posted , 5 users are following.

i am 8.5 weeks post hysterectomy SSF A and P repairs.  All ok as far as surgeon is concerned. Cleared to exercise etc but limit lifting to 10 kgs..

I went to see a woman’s health physio this week for exercise advice. She checked I was engaging pelvic floor correctly when exercising it  She gave me more advanced core and glute exercises to support pelvic floor.  She also corrected my posture to put hips in optimal position for PF to work properly. The thing that she also stressed was relaxing your PF with deep belly breathing. she suggested trying it standing but I couldn’t relax and breathe in this position  so doing it lying down. 

i had been aching a lot in the afternoon/evening so wondering if I have been tiring these muscles out by over clenching.

Anyway, I seem to now have lost the ability to stand sit and walk without overthinking what I should do. So questions 

1 Do you hold or relax PF when walking and sitting?

2 Aching PF muscles....how long does this go on for, is it normal?

3 if PF is tense/aching....should I reduce Kegels?

I will see her again in a few weeks but advice from any that has had similar problems would be great.

Thanks

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello Everyone,

Thanks everyone for your input on pf physical therapy. I will continue to do my kegel exercises that  I have always done even though I found it odd that my gynecologist who is FEMALE is the one that told me she did not find them all that helpful AND is of an older age. I did read a study that said by 6 months women who did

pf physical therapy soon after pelvic floor repair and those that did not do any pf exercises of any kind

had equal strength in the pelvic floor area by the 6 month mark after pelvic floor surgery, so it may fall back to it depends on what you read and believe. Maybe my gynecologist reads and believes that study haha. Since I don't think they can hurt and I have done them every since my first baby was born 40 years ago, I will continue them. Thanks again for your input.

Also, I am 8 weeks post posterior and anterior repair and still have pain in my lower left side just below my abdomen. I am not really sure what that is about. Anyone else have isolated pain on one side.

Thank you again for all your replies!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.