Pelvic Inflammatory with LS

Posted , 3 users are following.

Just wondering if anyone else has had LS and Pelvic Inflammatory ? They told me it's not connected.  But they couldn't find anything else wrong. Any thoughts ?  Would be much appreciated 

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

It would help me if you could describe the discomforts and symptoms of your Pelvic inflammation.  I have had problems sitting and severe discomfort at the lower back.  I thought it was a long recovery from a fall. Could it have been related to the LS issue?  I now wonder, since you mention this.
    • Posted

Some time ago I had pelvic pain and pressure in rectal area. Doc didn't give me much help. Went to chiropractor and massage therapist. Turns out I had some tight pelvic muscles and the massage helped that. The chiropractor gave me some exercise for my rectal discomfort. (Was uncomfortable to sit). I soon had relief from that too! For me, it was muscular.
    • Posted

I went for massage as well. It definately helped.  I still massage my lower back myself and gradually all improved, though it took a long time.  I have to be careful with the way I sit, but even that gets better all the time.  

It could be that because of the discomfort with LS that I got some habits that harmed my pelvic area.  Just a guess.  At the same time I also had fallen out of a tree while pruning.  So I blamed it on that as well.  

• Posted

And I had tried a different exercise program that I believe injured my pelvis.
    • Posted

It's still a guessing then - what did it?  I hope you start to feel better with this.  

• Posted

That was quite some time ago and I'm much better.

Now it's to figure out what to do about my thyroid. I'm having symptoms and blood work that's off (and nodules). Being watched but he doesn't treat me. (I have repeat blood work and had ultrasound on nodules). He thinks probable Hashimotos.

I've been reading the strong connection between Hashimotos and gluten intolerance. Fascinated by that because there seems to be a real Hashimotos, LS and gluten connection.

• Posted

It hurt to sit down and I believe I had a bad UTI which I am told by the professionals that this can be related to LS .  I was so bloated and it hurt to urinite 
    • Posted

Interesting again.  I have a thyroid problem as well. From hyper to hypo/Graves.  Struggled for thirty years with this.  Till it was found out that a- I'm allergic to the medication, and b - I also have adrenal issues, with as result all was out of balance all the time.  That's under control now.  And yes, also gluten free and that made a big difference as well.  Sugar free, gluten free, limited dairy.  Put LS in the mix and the puzzle is complete, isn't it.  
    • Posted

When the bladder starts to feel infected, and I think it is an 'on the side' with LS, I start to rinse with a small amount of apple cider vinegar in my Perin bottle.  It calms all down and helps to restore the bacteria around the urethra.  These are my most recent findings.
    • Posted

So gluten free helped your thyroid problems? It looks big to me to go gluten free but I'm concerned that if it is gluten intolerance causing this, there may well be more health implications as I get older.

Yes, I find it very interesting to put the puzzle pieces together.

• Posted

Gluten free helped my intestinal problems foremost.  The thyroid problem and the meds had made my intestines very sensitive. With tests it was discovered that I am non-celiac gluten sensitive.  My bowels got a welcome break by avoiding gluten; in fact, my whole system perked up.  With the help of meds for the adrenals, the thyroid finally balanced as well. (adrenals and thyoid need to be in balance with each other, I learned)  

A lot of puzzle pieces.

• Posted

Hmm.. Lots to process. What kind of tests showed you were non celiac gluten intolerant? I'm quite sure I'm not celiac.

Excuse all the questions. Presently not feeling so well.

• Posted

Since there was no doctor in our area for my adrenal gland problem, it was suggested by my gp that I see a nature path doctor he knew, who was knowledgeable about adrenal issues.  I was very lucky to be tested for the working of my whole body via a saliva test and that's when the doctor said: "By the way .. do you know that you also are non celiac gluten sensitive."  And "do you know that your immune system barely functions"  

That was at a time when I was always sick, infections, flues, whatever bug was flying around it would find me.  Turn that 180 degrees and I haven't had an infection or flue in a long time.  

It was this doctor also who answered some of my questions regarding LS later, though he had not made these links himself.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.