Pelvic/lower abdominal area - off and on waves of sharp twinges/pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

This is kind of hard to describe for me, but I’ll do my best. I’ll start off by saying for the past few weeks I’ve had abdominal heaviness/ soreness that comes and goes. It’s like a bloated feeling, but slightly more uncomfortable in my lower abdomen. Side note: I get very heavy and painful periods each month & that’s usually when I feel the most discomfort, but these feelings have been happening outside of my period time-frame which makes me wonder. 

I work out pretty regularly and consistently. I try to eat a well-balanced diet and eat more veggies than meat products. 

I’ve also had what feels like sharp, shooting pains in my lower abdomen/ pelvis. They come in waves. I’ll feel something for a few seconds, it’ll fade, and then it’ll come again a few seconds later before it finally goes away. Sometimes it’ll occur every few hours or every few days- it’s hard to say. It’s not an excruciating pain but it’s jsut something I notice. Occasionally, I will feel a similar “twinge” like pain in my vaginal canal. It’s a dull, random shooting pain that comes in waves.

I don’t feel these sensations all the time, however, it makes me worried it’s something of concern? 

I’ve had waves of nausea, too, the past few weeks. I don’t know if the nausea is linked with these abdominal/pelvic/vaginal aches. 

I’ve been having serious health anxiety lately- to the point that I’m constantly thinking about my body and what’s happening inside of it. 

Anyone familiar with these random twinges of pain in these areas? 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Also- the twinges will sometimes be on just one side. Around where my ovaries might be. The doctor has felt for ovarian cysts but didn’t feel anything there. She said if I keep feeling things, an ultrasound might be necessary. I do think that anxiety could be part of the reason. 
  • Posted

Hi hope, Google chronic pelvic pain syndrome, it's called iliacus syndrome, a group of muscles originate round your back, through the stomach crossover your pelvis and down the inside of the leg, I suffered for years. Then learn how to stretch them. Go see your GP as someone suggested! They won't have a clue what the syndrome is, need any further help just ask. Fred.

• Posted

I used to get stabbing pains in the vagina from the age of 39 particularly at ovulation.   Sometimes it happened on a regular basis and at other times randomly.  I told my doctor that I was panicking about it and he told me that this was very common.    I also have IBS and it started with shifting abdominal pain, change of bowel habit and nausea.  It was made worse by my periods.  Bloating is also a symptom of IBS.  

See your doctor for advice.

• Posted

i have this same thing happening on my right pelvis area. sharp painful twinges that last for a second and are gone again, but come in waves.

did you figure out what it was?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.