Pelvic/lower stomach ache ongoing

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi just wondering if anyone else has experienced low stomach ache like a period is due but it’s only just finished? Have had loads of other aches and pains and this is the latest - had a pelvic scan and smear test within the last 6months and all that showed up was a golf ball sized fibroid on back wall of uterus. Also bowel movements have increased to twice daily from once every two days (sorry if tmi lol) - again nothing abnormal about them but unusual for me! Don’t know whether to make yet another doctors appt or whether this is a perimenopause thing? 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lucy

Yes, mine started February time - came to the end of my period and started getting period pains.  Also have the bowel problems - used to be once in the morning and now two or three times.  Which is no big deal but I get bowel cramping through the day.  I'm noting down when it happens and it seems to be on the approach to my period starting.  Last month it stopped on the day of my period and started again this Monday.

I'm soon to have a colonoscopy, gastroscopy and pelvic scan just to make sure it's not something more sinister.  I really believe it's a perimeno thing but the male doctors I see don't even consider it. 

• Posted

Hi Lucy... Id a hysterectomy 9 years ago due to fibroids and they cause extra pressure so this may be why you feel like you are having a period... This i how they can make you feel... BTW I not suggesting that you are or may need the same operation...bowel habits change with hormones and I developed an irritable bowel but it has calmed down since I started the change ... And yes lots of aches and pains... A list the length of my arm... Keep checking in here and the fibroids can cause discomfort... I know too well... Mind yourself there.. CK
  • Posted

The fibroid will cause pain and discomfort. I had one that was 6.5 lbs. Had to have hysterectomy. Thank God , no cancer!! It also caused very frequent BM. Basically I would eat and then have to run to the bathroom. I have not had that issue since the hysterectomy.
  • Posted

Thank you ladies - might give it the full cycle then visit the doctors again. He puts everything down to anxiety or stress so might be time to try someone new!! 
  • Posted

Hi lucy , yes i heard one of my cousins say she has similar pain like you for a long time and after she try everything through doctors but still no help. So she bought a product from aboard to try, after 3 months using it she has no more pain,  her fibroid also getting smaller. Dont know if this any help to you.

Hui

• Posted

Hi, thanks for replying. I would be interested to know what product your cousin bought please. It does seemed to have settled a bit now that I'm in the second half of the month but no doubt it will return! 

• Posted

hi no problem love to share with you. But first wonder which country are you from? n cause this is from china i can help to order and sent to you if you would like to try but i dont know how to contact you as not sure i can leave any contact details here.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.