Pelvic mass

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,just wondered if there is anyone going through something similar to me....I have been diagnosed with a large pelvic mass,long story short visited Dr feeling bit fluey and pressure down below,followed by painful period,had ca125 test which came back high followed by a ultrasound where the nurse took it upon herself to say I had a 18cm cyst and that I had a cancer!! Had CT scan week after then 2 weeks later went to see a gynaeoncolgist....they are treating me as if it is cancer as they don't know until it's removed,I am due for surgery on the 27th of November to have a tah,bso,omentum removal and assessment of lymph nodes....I feel sick,unable to eat and am an absolute nervous wreck,I am 47 with no history of any cancer in my family I just don't know how to cope

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi tracey

what a nightmare. our complicated bodies!!! one foot in front of the other and fingers crossed it'll be alright on the night. hope all well soon

best -

• Posted

Hi, think you are right when you say ‘they don’t know what’s wrong until they operate’.     I was admitted to hospital last May because of excruciating pain in my left groin. Two days later, after many scans, I was told I had a ‘mas’ on my left ovary. This news was given to me by a foreign doctor that could hardly speak English!   As a out patient I had 2 ( by two different doctors) internal scans and at that point I was told that I had a dermoid cyst on my ovary and a fibroid on a stalk .  I saw gynaecologist for him to make a plan of action for me. He advised me to not go for operation but to just go back in 3 months to have another internal scan to make sure the cyst had stayed the same. I insisted on a operation to remove the cyst and & fibroid .  On the 16th of August I had my operation. Turns out, I had no cyst, no fibroid but had a piece of fatty tissue on my ovary!  But the thing that they missed during the internal scan was that my left ovary was torsion (twisted around)  the fact that my ovary was torsion, I should have had a emergency operation or at least within days .... so basically they just didn’t know what they were talking about.    Hope everything goes well for you and you get everything sorted soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.