Pelvic Pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been having this weird pain for over a month, about two months now. It started at the beginning of April as lower left back pain and lower left abdominal pain. Sometimes it would go high on my back on the left side so my mom and I thought it was kidney stones. My pee also looked gritty. There was nothing in my labs that pointed to kidney stones and I even had an x-ray done and nothing. The pain continued so I went back to the doctor for more labs and scans. I had a tiny trace of blood in my urine but the doctor said it was nothing to be concerned of even with my symptoms but still had an ultrasound and CT scan done. Both showed nothing on the scans. My primary care doctor suggested I go to a OB GYN doctor and I did. It was my first time since I'm only 18. I got tested for stds because I also started having pelvic pain and during my exam she noticed the tenderness I had with my pelvic area. She thought I had a pelvic infection and prescribed me an antibiotic.  All my tests came back negative but wanted me to stay on the antibiotic and see what happens. We also thought it could be a UTI but there was nothing in my urine. Could anyone think of what this could be? I have lower pelvic pain and left side back pain and there looks like there is sand in my urine.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Definitely can think of something else and I would join special groups on fb to find THE docs in your area experienced in:

nutcracker (compression of left renal vein)

pelvic congestion syndrome (careful, if anything was showing 'pelvic congestion' make SURE you are checked for nutcracker because otherwise the embolisation will make everything worse)

loin pain haematuria syndrome.

If you have blood in your urine (microscopic amount even), a morphology of them has to be done, if they were dysmorph or unimorph to see, or guess, where they come from, if from kidney (glomerular) or further down like an injury to ureter, bladder, urethra. 

Normal pelvic ultrasounds do not look for pelvic congestion.

Normal CT does not make radiologists look for nutcracker (but can be reviewed in the light of that).

Nutcracker can be easily seen in ultrasound, too. So please go from there.

good luck!

Loin pain haematuria syndrome in a study resolves in 25% within 3.5 years. It's a long road.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.