Pelvic pain

Posted , 8 users are following.

Ive had pelvic pain for three days that seemed to just get worse Last night it was really bad and i went to the ER. They did a ct scan and blood tests. The result was antibiotics and a liquid diet for 24 hours. I have loose stool mixed with what feels like constipation. I also feel like i need to go ti the bathroom a lot and most of my pain is in the middle of my pelvic region below my belly button. The Dr said the ct scan showed Diverticulitus. I guess my question is had anyone had this pelvic like pain with Diberticulitus?

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

My attacks of diverticulitis where right below my belly button right in the center below navel, like hard non STOP LABOR PAINS and deep. Whats the name of the two antibiotics are you on? How high was your WBC ? Did you have any blood or mucus when wiping or on bowels ? How long are you to be on the antibiotics?

• Posted

They said my blood work was good, but the antibiotic they pit me on is augmenton . I think thats how you spell it lol . Yes i did have mucus in my stool but not blood. It kinda like constant pressure in my pelvic area . It started off dull but got to a worse dull pain. If that make sense?

• Posted

Yes, pelvic pain is common w/ Diverticulitis. My pain was more like a pressure, like my bladder was full but it wasn't. Try a heating pad for relief.The antibiotics give you loose stool and constipation. They are awful but they work. One remedy I found were boiled fresh beets. When you can go back onto solid food, boil some beets and eat them. Make sure they are soft. I find them to be a miracle whenever I feel like my diverticulitis is flaring up. They are an anti-inflammatory and they stop the pressure from the inflammation. Every time I avoid the full infection and everything is fine. They will make your stool red but don't be alarmed it is just the juice. Good luck.

• Posted

Of course its beets lol I hate beets but at this point i would deal with anything . You described exactly how my pain feels . Like a dull pressure like my bladder is full. How long does it usually take fir the antibiotics to work? Ive been off work for today but i dont like being off work. Im doing the all water diet for 24 hrs and then slowly start eating i guess.

• Posted

It also make me feel like i have to poop as well and it kinda feels like i didnt get it all out.

• Posted

The medication should start to improve things after a few days, but you will feel the side effects whilst on them and for a few days afterwards. If this was your first attack, I suggest you read the article describing Diverticular Disease. When you start eating again, I suggest you start with low residue food like mash, boiled rice, steamed fish, broths, grilled chicken, crustless white bread, jello. The slowly re-introduce fibre in small amounts, building up.

Hopefully this will be your only attack, but it is a condition for life, and you are advised to follow a healthy eating plan, drink plenty of water, exercise and lose weight if overweight. Prevention is better than cure. If you do feel twinges in the future, it's back on clear liquids for 48 hours. I am UK based but am aware that USA treats this condition much more aggressively. You will find lots of helpful information in this forum.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. This is all new to me and all the info I can get is wonderful. I appreciate all of it. The issue i have sometimes is nit trusting Drs . I didnt understand how my blood work cam back ok but the diagnosed me from a CT scan. Is this possible? Are they more inflamed and thats how they figured it out? Idk but i will definitely follow your advice on the diet Thank you again.

• Posted

The scan will show the diverticula as little pockets in the bowel. Add to that your pain and symptoms, you get Diverticulitis, which is either inflammation or infection of the pockets. You were given medication, so they played safe and treated it as infection. I suggest you keep a food diary for a time, to see if any particular foods give you twinges. I can't say what as if differs for each person. But it will give you an idea of what to avoid in future.

• Posted

I get the feeling of having to poo a lot when I have a flare. Drives me crazy all the running to the bathroom for nothing. Usually clear liquids is 2 days.

Pickled beets make me go to the bathroom better then any fibre suppliment or laxative.

I hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

i have found that stress triggers an attack its important to rest and relax when the symptoms start to happen along with the light liquid diet clear soups are good

• Posted

Joe are you in USA? Urgent care put me on Augmentin and my doctor said that wont heal a flair up. So if your not feeling better get in to see your doctor. USA does go right to the Cipro/Flayg, nasty meds for 10 days but it works. I wish there were meds with no so many side effects....

• Posted

Yes im in the US Im for sure better than i was four days ago. The Augmentin has me feeling a little off but the pain has weakened considerably. Not being able to eat healthy or half way normal probably doesnt help with taking the antibiotic. I know im ready to feel normal again. I dont mind eating the right diet. Thank you for the info ill bring it yo to my Dr

• Posted

On the list of antibiotics used to treat Diverticulitis "Augmentin" is on the list and is used for the treatment of diverticulitis ****

• Posted

Im going by what my doctor told me 3 weeks ago. I caught my flair early on and he said Augmentin was not going to work. It improved systems but in 7 days of 10 day dose ended up calling dt. He said that med not strong enough and would return. I guess every dr. is different on how they treat our condition.

• Posted

I guess so, Augmentin is like 800 mg compare to flagyal and cipro been 500 mg. What did he say that will work for you and what did he prescribe and for how long. Yes I agree seems like LOTS of doctors are so different even in treating the same disease.

• Posted

Im on my fourth day of Augmentin and things seem to be going well Almost no pain at all. Just the odd feeling of the antibiotics. But even they dont seem so bad now that im back to eating more solid foods

• Posted

What antibiotics did they have you on?

• Posted

dr. said the cipro twice a day and Flayg three times a day. He gave me no other options. He said its nasty meds with nasty side effects but Augmentin will not take care of it. My ER trip had same results and IV of these two meds worked quite fast and less side affects. Once it has to go through stomach you feel worse then having the flu. Everyone says dont take them but if this is the only med my doctor and hospital uses, Im not sure what to do, next time.

• Posted

Ex pat 🇬🇧living in the U.S. Augmentin worked brilliantly for me. However, after the lower left quadrant pain goes away you will have cramping during the 2nd and 3rd weeks of recovery. I hadn't had any pain in several days and then yesterday I had slight cramping. Everyone is different.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.