Pelvic pain after urethra lift and rectocele repair

Posted , 5 users are following.

i am 3.5 weeks post surgery (rectocele repair, mesh lifting urethra for incontinence issues and I hav external stitches on perenium to bring muscles back together). 

I am healing a lot slower than expected and I wondered if any one else still had pelvic pain at the 3-4 week mark?  (feels like a bruise and is worse when standing) also get pain in my but cheek if a walk around too much. 

1 like, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi I am now 10 days from a rectoseal repair, and I have been to the loo tonight for a bowel movement and it feels like the bulge is not as tight as it was it's coming down again surely not so quick or it's because I need to give everything time to settle down? I am 27 and my partners back at work having a 4 and 1 year old it's next to impossible to rest could I of undone all the work? The thing is my surgeon does not want to see me again for any kind of cheack up so how will I ever no how successful it's been ? Thanks jodie 

• Posted

Jodie hav u got someone to help u with kids? My hubby took 3 weeks off and now I have my parents staying with me cos it's just too hard with little kids (and yours are younger)!!!

• Posted

Hi no Hun it's back to normal now with me n kids it's unavoidable though when you have them I do feel fine though no pain or anything had a quick recovery tbh xxx

• Posted

Oh I'm envious Jodie. no pain sounds amazing! How can one person be pain free after 10 days and another be in agony at 25 days?! 

• Posted

That's the problem lizzie; my first repair was a front repair with hysterectomy and I felt great hardly any pain so was jumping about at 2 weeks hovering and getting on with things and partially resting thought had had enough rest during first 2 weeks.

Anyway it failed, may have failed almost right away as they pulled stitching out when pack was removed causing heavy bleed. So had a small re-prolapse almost right away.

Second time round was painful possibly due to 2 repairs done at same time so was pulled much tighter and took longer to slacken off a little. Front repair far stronger this time.

Just wanted to say though still need to be careful in these early weeks even if not in pain as wounds not completely healed and pelvic floor bears the weight of all the pelvic organs when on your feet so we all need to rest in early weeks and be careful.

Phyl x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.