Pelvic Pain and Fibroid Degeneration

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has has anyone experienced fibroid degeneration? I've been experiencing feelings of pressure and pain that I've never had in the eight years I've been diagnosed with fibroids, and I'm curious if it could be fibroid degenerating.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Yes I had a fibroid that degenerated, at least that seemed the only conclusion by my gynae, had multiple large fibroids for years, and then began to bleed even heavier than before, almost continuously, and had terrible pain, not just pressure but a searing pain that seemed to come from my abdomen, groin, or back, always moving around. It was so bad at times I couldn't walk, could only lie in a foetal position. I was 58 at the time, waiting for menopause to kick in. My gynae tried to do a hysteroscopy but I was in too much pain and my uterus was too deformed. They eventually had to do it under sedation to check I did not have uterine, ovarian or cervical cancer. Everything was OK and my gynae put me on ESMYA, supposedly pre-op as she thought a hysterectomy was the only option to stop the bleeding and pain. Luckily ESMYA worked for me, stopped the bleeding within a few weeks, and after about 4 courses over 2 years the fibroids had shrunk enough for my menopause to kick in, and now I am at last fibroid, pain and blood free! Hope this helps.

• Posted

Yes, as Christine65 said it is absolute agony. I couldn't walk and spent a lot of time in warm baths to try and help. On a really good day I was able to walk with support but the pain is sharp and unbearable (I have a high pain threshold). It was a while ago but I remember the weeks after for various reasons. Strangely I was an odd case as my periods stopped for 2 years prior, long story short it was complicated but having the fibroid removed/drained helped. The fibroid itself caused a huge pressure feeling, it also grew to a stage where I couldn't eat solid food. My weight dropped to 32kg (before fibroid removal) as a result by the time they operated so I was definitely an unusual case. Please make sure yourself checked as I wouldn't want you to go through what I did. That said I am fit and healthy now x x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.