pelvic pain and lower back ache.

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi i have had pain near my bladder region and for 3 months, it started with a niggle at the side of my groin and then my bladder was tender to touch... uti negative.. and bad lower back ache... now i can poke and prod every where is pelvis and no tenderness or pain, however the pain comes over pubic bone and near bladder and goes... and my back ache is still there but not as bad as it started out... my doc says its nothing but after 3 months it must be... i been looking at endo as i have very painful.periods and have suffered bad ovulation pains for years... anyone know of anything like this.. just to point out i have severe anxiety and health anxiety xx

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

lve had intersticial cystitus for many years, symptoms its caused for me over the years was tenderness in pubic area, groin, bladder, along with lower back pain, frequency, and numerous urine samples showed neg. IC is inflammation of the bladder and can vary in severity frequency as with most inflammatory conditions, can be aggrevated by intercourse or certain foods, acid ones. spontaneious. l also had heavy menustration which aggrevated the pain. Its usually diagnosed by cystascope, where inflammation can be seen along with other bladder wall abnormalities, usually treated with meds to calm it, occassionally surgery,usually helps

Might not be cause for you, but could be, there is more info advice on c.o.b, site forums.  With ic most do get anxiety,or would aggrevate it,

The gp telling you its nothing isnt good, have they taken urine sample at least to check for infection or suggested referral to urologist, never been easy, it took me years to get referral, being told it was post op, gyny, hormone, phycalogical, and that was before present cut backs, so think youll need to ask for referral yourself.       good luck

• Posted

i have been reading all about ic lynne... and i do have some of the symptoms... my doc doesnt seem bothered... i am in pain every day.. started with a niggke which was nothing and now i have permanent lower back ache and pain round my bladder and pubic bone region... i am so depressed after 3 months of this... i dont even know what pain killers to.buy in the meantime... i am paranoid its something so serious ... my anxiety is through the roof ! keep thinking it will go away... i really hope i wake up and oys gone... 3 months later it hasnt ! ;0(
    • Posted

There,s only one way to find out for sure and thats a cystascope with urologist, and you,d have to insist the gp refers you for one, mine let me go on years, as with many others later diagnosed.  l used to get soreness and stinging heat in bladder area and tender pubic area, but the most debilitating was the low back pain, at worst l couldnt stand still for more than l0min siezed up, later urologist told me its pressure pain, its not forced to be ic but cystascope will show, some gps will just keep fobbing you off, you might have to demand referral and if they refuse you could always go into a and e when at its worst. Although it is quite a serious condition, meds can get rid of worst of symptoms, not just pain killers, histamine receptors due to bladder producing too much histamine, , also nerve end calmers, amitriptylene often given, small dose as sedative if about l0mg. Any symptoms that go on months without diagnosis do get you down, l,d gastritus recently daily nausea, really wearing,but if your getting tests scans scopes at least you know theyre looking for cause and remedy.  We live in hope for the next day, and thereafter, keeps you going.  So hope youll push your gp into doing the tests needed to find out cause and get treatment. 
    • Posted

i know theres always something ... i really have the signs and i do.of endo as well but my doc is no good to be fair... 3 months of pain and he said its muscular in the back and doesnt know about the front... said its probably all down to my anxiety ... cos i hate going to the doctors! i am 35 and always had painful periods and ovulation just awful ... i am eattin pain killers at moment xx
  • Posted

you have exactly my symptoms same thing back pain that hasen't gone 

Voltaren suppositoriesa are magic in eliminationg the pain but they are a temporary solution I just use them on long outings 

Personally i feel relief when i sit in a hot bath but pain just jumps back I don't know what is this either I have symptoms of a UTI but negative arine culture for any bacteria

I would say you head to a gynaecologist to see you as a whole  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.