Pelvic pain, and spotting at 53 - confused!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am so glad I found this site!! I'm 53 years old, have not had a period for almost two years. This month I have had two UTI back to back, then a yeast infection due to too many antibiotics. However, I think I was miss diagnose because I am still experiencing UTI symptoms (slight vaginal burning) no discharge, feel bloated, and some pressure in my bladder and also have been spotting with painful cramps. Has anyone ever experience symptoms like mine?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Judy

i am experiencing this i just woke up w vagina itch and burning so i put on Replens for dryness. im taking my vitamins and cranberry pills and probiotics . i feel a little pressure but i have feeling it is the meno im 49

• Posted

I am 51 and two years post menopausal in Oct. I had spotting but it was very light when I wiped the first time I noticed it was a line of almost brown blood in my underwear when I went to pee. Then when I wiped it showed up as really pale pink in like a discharge. I didn't have any itching or odor. I had been on a sulfur antibiotic a few months prior for an abscess that had to be lanced and packed on my upper groin area from an ingrown hair. (so fun being me). Anyway the sulphur med really messed with me. High fever, felt horrible. That Dr gave me meds to take if I ended up with a yeast infection. I didn't take the meds because I didn't have any symptoms.

Flash forward to the present just last week the spotting. Called my gyn office to make an appt. I was seen the next morning. which surprised me. I had a TV ultrasound and a pelvic from my GYN. Ultrasound was normal for me. I have benign cysts on my ovaries and a fibroid cyst in my uterus that hasn't grown. I had a 3 ultrasounds last year because of uterine pain. I had an ultrasound last month because of uterine and ovary pain. So this was my 5th ultrasound in a year and a half. My lining is thin and my GYN after my pelvic said I had a yeast infection that can cause some spotting because the cervix is irritated. My spotting stopped after two days.

She gave me script for a one dose med for yeast infection. I will tell you as I did my gyn I had sore nipples about a week and a half before this spotting and I also had what was felt like period cramps. I felt worse after my vaginal foray with the ultrasound and pelvic exploration.

Cramping and I had no burning, irritation or itching prior but now I do, go figure. I also have this nagging low what feels like my left ovary constant pain. My GYN say my cysts wouldn't cause me pain and it would have to be something else. Like my intestine or hernia or something else to worry about. Though it really feels like my ovary area. I have had it for over two months, it went away and now it is back again.

Also I have vaginal dryness so as far as discharge when I wiped it was only when I spotted. I dont have it now. My GYN recommended replens or luvena saying it helps the vaginal area. I am wondering if I don't have a bv now after all the lubricant and messing around the area. I am prone to them it seems. I have to wait until my GYN post my results online to see what is what.

Sorry for the long tmi, but I don't know how much you are spotting but mine it appears was from my yeast infection. I did have painful cramps for about a week. My GYN didn't address that. It is like my voice is on mute when I ask questions they don't know the answer too. Grrr.

• Posted

Thank you for responding....I am reading your post and it seems like you know what I'm going through to the T. Its exactly what's going on with me. I am waiting for my ultrasound results, hopefully I'll get some good news. Just give me a tablet so it could all go away!

• Posted

Hi Judy,

I had this 3 years ago. I thought I had another UTI but it was post infectious cystitis. I was over treated and developed Cdiff. Apparently even though the infection is gone you can have phantom symptoms. The best thing to do is drink lots of water and take something to calm the bladder.If you think you have another infection have the long term test rather than just the dip stick.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.