Pelvic pain, blood in urine - nothing wrong with bladder

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm 38 years old, childless and have been on the Pill since I was 13, due to severe and painful periods. Currently on Brevinor which I have been on for about 8 years now

Early Feb, I started to get severe pains in my lower abdomen below my belly button. Went to the walk in centre a week after getting the pains and had a urine sample taken and discovered there was acute blood in there. Was diagnosed with a UTI and was given antibiotics and was told if symptoms of the pain don't go within 4 days - go to A&E. Still no change in the pain so I was taken to A&E and later transferred to another hospital's urology ward that night. Did an ultrasound and CT scans and found nothing.

Ten days after taking the week of antibiotics, I was given another course of antibiotics and then repeated that ten days after that. Still acute blood (its yellow with a strong smell and white bits in it) and pains and was referred to see an urologist. Plus the frequency to visit the loo has increased. Got a cancellation to see one three days later and referred to have a cystoscopy - again got a cancellation. Was all clear and been advised to see my GP and get referred to gynecology.

Since the pain, my period pains are worse and periods heavier. Normally, I just get a little lightheaded. Now I get the period cramps and pain two days before my period is due. My mum had fibroids removed when she was in her early 40s. My GP said on the scans my womb and ovaries were clear and fibroids are slow growing. Though I had the scan 8 weeks ago.

I am getting rather down with the pain, inability to sleep and the general tiredness. Also from time to time, I get a twinge pain on the back on the right hand side.

What do you think it is?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Were your kidney's checked too? Could be a small stone which may be breaking up into 'gravel'! Worth asking for another check if that has not been done. Kidney stones can be very painful, my daughter had one a few years ago,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.