Pelvic pain in 15 year old female - Please help! X

Posted , 6 users are following.

So I'm a 15 year old girl that is a healthy weight.  A week ago, as I was falling asleep I began feeling strong pain through out my lower abdomen. It felt similar to period pain but during this time my period was 2 weeks away. When I woke up, it had gone. Two days later I felt the pain again as I woke up but once again it went away and I forgot about it until the the next afternoon where I got it once more. The next day, the pain was less severe, and the next it was also less severe, being sudden, but only lasting 5-20 seconds before going away, the pain feeling somewhat dull. A few days on, I still have it but it's so dull I sometimes fail to notice it. However, it most often occurs to the left, just below my bellybutton, though I MAY feel it elsewhere (low central abdomen, by the cervix etc).  I have no problem urinating or going to the toilet and eating is completely normal. 

I don't know if this is related, but a few weeks ago I also began to feel constant but MILD (may I stress the mild) breathlessness, a feeling that comes and goes for a few days. I also felt similar pain around the chest area. 

Am I going crazy-is this all normal?

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

See your doctor and ask for an abdominal and pelvic ultrasound.
    • Posted

I don't know because there are lot of reasons for abdominal pain.  Abdominal ultrasounds can check your kidneys, liver, bladder, gallbladder and spleen.  A pelvic ultrasound can check for ovarian cysts or fibroids in the womb. Only a doctor can establish whether or not you have anything seroius.

• Posted

Thanks. I'm a bt worried about telling my mum because (I know his is stupid) I don't want to know if I have something like cancer

• Posted

You should talk to your mum for reassurance.  There is no point bottling up worries.  Seeing a doctor will help.
  • Posted

Hi sarah81160

It may have been that you were ovulating..ovulation occurs approx 2 weeks before a period is due...wait for your period to start and when it has finished see if the pain returns two weeks later..when you will be ovulating again....but if the pain persists through the month before your next period go see your doc and suggest an ultrasound as a second opinion if he/she suggests nothing to worry about...best wishes.....

• Posted

Hi sarah, ask a nurse at your GP surgery to take a urine sample say about the pain could be cystytis i had similar and was told to drink lots of fresh water the test came back clear and all went away after a week or so, the doctor said could have had too much acid in my urine and the water had prob helped clean it out.

​Tracy.

• Posted

Were your symptoms like mine or did you have others?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.