Pelvic pain/lower back and leg pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've had an unusual pelvic pain for almost a week. It only hurts when I tense/clench and feels like it's near my left ovary? I've also had some lower back pain and achey calves. I'm absolutely petrified it's something awful. I will be going to see my GP on Monday (it's Saturday today) but I just can't stop thinking about how it must be something awful like cancer. It's taking over my life. Sounds dramatic but I'm so anxious.

Has anyone else had anything similar?

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Well first, please try not to worry, your doctor will tell if anything is wrong like a prolapse or cyst maybe. You will be referred to a gynaecologist if that's what it is. I've had both recently but all histology reports said normal, no sign of cancer in other words. The cyst caused pelvic pain and pressure and affected bowel movements and so did the prolapses. I had the cyst and ovaries + tubes removed last year and 4+ weeks ago I had the prolpase repairs and recovering nicely now. I too was worried but it's not worth getting into a state about and letting it take over your life. Wait until you see your GP and ask for advice and to be referred if he thinks anything is wrong. Best wishes, Pollyanna UK x rolleyes

• Posted

Hello again Pollyanna! 

We have spoken on here before but I only just saw your reply after I commented x

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. I'm glad to hear you're on the mend. I'm just worried because I've never had a pain like this before. It's basically okay all the time unless I tense or whatever. So weird. I'm going to the doctors tomorrow but I'm terrified about what they will tell me!

• Posted

How did the ops go and were there any complications? I am scared of having the op after  the bad thngs I have read from women that end up worse off afterwards,  ie incontinence etc, so I am going to try the pessary first and see if it eases my pains! If that doesn't work I might have to just be brave and go ahead with a repair! I hope that you are recovering well! x

• Posted

Hi Jane. I had a sacrospinous fixation (SSF) and posterior repair for a rectocele prolapse. All went well and I had a spinal block like when you have a baby. I didn't feel a thing and was chatting to the consultant and nurses while they worked! I was fitted with a shelf pessary to try previously but it didn't work for me as the vaginal vault prolapse meant there was no space for it really and it slipped down and caused more problems with bowel movements and bladder control. It does work well for some so worth a try maybe.  I had it removed prior to having ovarian cysts, ovaries and tubes removed last year. I was then put on the waiting list for these prolapse ops.  5 weeks on Mon, tomorrow and all's well so far. Some discomort at times but no real pain as such and improving daily now. Post op check at about 12 weeks they said. I'll update again later. Poll x razz

• Posted

Good luck with docs tomorrow. Try to write down your symptoms and how they affect you day to day, during the day and night. Ask for an ultra sound scan, it may show up what's going on if not a prolapse. Keep us updated. x surprised 

• Posted

I'm so glad it all went ok for you as you had such a lot done too! I only have cystecele (bladder prolapse) but that feels bad enough, No stress incontinence, just frequency and then when I need to go i have to go straight  away or I get more pain! It takes me longer to pass urine but the worst thing is the awful pressure down below, period like pains and  aches so much and is very uncomfortable even sometimes to wallk  far. I have an appointment on 10th July so hopefully will get some help then! I would like to hear how things go for you so keep me informed, thank you x

• Posted

I went to the GP today. Had a smear and she examined me. Refered me for an ultrasound. But she didn't really say much. Now I'm terrified of the results! Wish I wasn't so anxious

• Posted

Try not to worry when there is probably nothing to worry about, and if you are tense it will just make the pains worse. I know it's horrid waiting for results but hopefully you wont have to wait too long. At least the Dr is doing the right things, x

• Posted

Do you have a prolapse at all? I do and it causes pain that feels like period pains, I get it every day even though I am well past that age!! it's just a thought, as I get leg pain sometimes too, If you are worried  see your dr and  I wish you good luck 

• Posted

I'm not sure if I do or not. I'm only 26 and have no children. I'm hoping it's something minor!

• Posted

Oh I see, it's only really when people have had children that a prolapse happens, so very unlikely, sorry, I didn't realise you were only 26! I hope you got some answers and reasurrance from the dr today!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.