Pelvic pain only AFTER urinating. Tests all clear but still in pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

Sorry for the long post in advance!

BRIEF: I've been experiencing dull aches, pain in my lower abdomen/pelvis for about 3 months now ONLY after I urinate. I have had several urine tests, and ultrasound and a transvaginal scan - all have come back normal but I am still experiencing pain, and I am now feeling pains in my side.

FULL STORY:

November 2020:

It started back in November I thought i had thrush, treated it with over the counter medicine about 5 days after I first thought i had it. On that 5th day I started to experience stomach cramps and I was in constant pain. I did a urine test and was told i had a mild UTI and was given 3 days worth of antibiotics. I finished the course but I was still in pain, so I was given another stronger course of antibiotics but for 5 days and told to take another urine sample. That came back as normal (no infection), but I still decided to finish the course of antibiotics because I was in pain.

December:

I was still in pain and noticed that the pain only came AFTER urinating and in my pelvis and would last different times, sometimes 20 minutes sometimes 3 hours. I did another urine test which also came back as normal but i was still having these symptoms

January:

I went to the doctor again still having the same symptoms she did some internal swabs, did another urine sample (which both came back normal) and referred to get an ultrasound and a transvaginal scan.

I had the scans on 19th Jan 2021, and a few hours later I started to feel pain in the left side of my body in my kidney areas. I now feel pain on both my left and right.

My ultrasound and transvaginal scan results have now come back and I have been told that they are normal.

After all of this I am still feeling pain after urinating and ONLY then, I don't feel pain when I am urinating AND and I am now getting pains in my sides, sometimes they are sharp pains, sometimes they are dull.

I am at my witts end , really worried and not sure what to do now as these scans have come back clear but I am still experiencing pain.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

How did you get on? I am male and having similar experience.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.