pelvic pain, please help x

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all I am new to the group

I keep getting pelvic pain. It starts as lower back flank pain. then it will either be on my left or right pelvic side. 

It feel like a real deep dull ache and can get sharp spasams that last seconds. 

so a bit of history I am 35 one child. This has been off and on for a few yrs but is now getting more frequent and more painful. I have had a blocked fallopian tube ( left side) which was not caused by infection. sometimes I can also occasionally get what I call pelvic drag which lasts several hrs giving cystitis type symptoms.

2 weeks a go I was admitted as pain in L side was so bad, felt like something would burst. anyway scan only showed small cyst 2cm and dr said that wouldn t cause any pain 

periods aren t heavy I do pass several big clots first - second day then after that rest of period is just there on wiping so more like smearing for the next 4-5 days. 

All scans show nothing like I say occasional small cyst and the blocked tube twice which clears itself. 

any ideas I ve had enough x

2 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Welcome Zoe. I can't offer you much in the way of advice but hang in there. You will get some sound advice from one of these great ladies soon. It's a relief to put it out there but nerve wracking waiting for a response. I wish I could help.
    • Posted

Thanks Vicky. I did post a few days ago but had no response so I thought I'd try again. It's driving me mad. One dr tells me it's scar adhesions then next dr tells me I wouldn't have this much pain with scar adhesions. just want answers xx
    • Posted

Hi Zoe. I am a scar adhesion sufferer. The pain can be really bad. The last couple of days have been bad. That lower back pain can be excrutiating. How many ops have you had?
    • Posted

Hi

I've had one c/section which was done as a emergency in the sense I didn't sign consent or even get in a gown as baby heart rate dropped. It was also the old classic scar belly button down.

I've also had 2 x peritoneal catheters for dialysis and I have a kidney transplant.

its the fact no can explain what I call pelvic drag where I feel pressure on the my bladder which come out of no where and then settles again after hrs. also the pelvic pain or pain in back around kidney area. its not constant and sometime I feel certian actives makes it worse or around ovulation xx

• Posted

Could very well be adhesions then. Sadly they dont show on scans. Urine been tested OK? No infection?
    • Posted

Yep urine tested several times no infection. is there anything that helps with the pain from adhesions or certain thing that can set the pain off worse did you find?
    • Posted

I did do quite a bit of research about massage. Do somew googling:-)

I was given some co codamol but they are too strong or me

• Posted

I did have three belly surgeries for adhesions by my belly button. By my tubal scar. No problems with belly pain since my hysterectomy ten years ago. It's frustrating dealing with pain after you had something supposedly repaired. I ended up with a great gp that listened and sent me for the proper treatment.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.