Pelvic pain with diverticulitis

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi I have been reading a lot of posts about abdominal pain on left side due to a flare up, but my pain is in my pelvic floor, does anyone else have this, I don’t think I have a uti as it doesn’t sting when I pass water,but it does hurt in my pelvic floor. Also I have had severe watery diarrhoea for 3 days. I was diagnosed with D over a year ago after a Check up for something else and until now have never had a flare up. I was just wondering if this is part of the div or could it be something else. I have also been in bed for 3 days and can’t get warm even with a hot water bottle. Any help would be great. Thank you 

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have left sided pain along with Ibs symptoms was diagnosed with Diverticulitus a couple of years ago.i also have a slight bladder prolapse which gives you pelvic pain. Sounds like you could have an infection and need antibiotics. Hope you get it sorted 😊

• Posted

Hi. I had almost the same discussion with another person on this forum just a few days ago. I get this pain right down in my pelvis for several weeks after a flare up of DD. I usually have the stomach aches and pains right from the start, but as they gradually get better this pain pelvic pain carries on. I had a flare up on Boxing Day, hospitalised for 36 hours only, discharged with antibiotics, then watery diarrhoea on and off for four weeks,.I get the cold feeling too. The pain in my pelvis, a really dragging down feeling, continued until a few days ago. Here we are 10th February, and it’s gone! So it’s been roughly 5and a half weeks start to finish. My guess is that your pain is part of the DD. It’s rotten isn’t it. Hope you soon feel better.
    • Posted

That cold feeling! I had it for weeks even after infection had gone, and I'm in Australia where it's boiling. It's a strange disease, and horrible! 

• Posted

Aileen do you know why the pain suddenly went after having it for weeks? Did you change anything in your diet?
    • Posted

Glad I’m not the only one who gets the cold feeling I was beginning to think all sorts, no sorry I don’t mean glad that you have it, oh you know what I mean I hope lol
    • Posted

Lol , I know what you mean. I think it's great we can all share these symptoms. It's so reassuring. 

• Posted

No, I can’t say I changed anything in my diet. I did restart my ice/heat routines, both to my spine area and my tummy. (I have arthritis and scoliosis ). The pains got gradually better, and then I realised a few days ago that it had gone....
  • Posted

Hi I was diagnosed with dd 2 months ago. I was hospitalised for 9days was really I'll. No food or drink for almost a week . All my meds through iv . Lost lots of weight . Didn't go to the loo for 10 days . Came home started a Dr diet been really good . I'm very slim very active I work full time . 8 weeks later I'm here again . But this time it's different. My pain started in my pelvic area was in really bad pain all night thought it was a uti. In the morning I got up and had pain in my left side that got worse through the day . I went to the doctors. They gave me 2 lots of antibiotics . 3 days later I'm still in alot of pain . I have bad back pain . I'm passing a lot of water which is dark brown . Pain in my left side . And excruciating pain in my left side when I poo. There's got to be some connection . I don't no why I am like this after such a short time . I do hope you are well soon

• Posted

When I had my last flare up last week it was different from my first one . I thought I had a uti but didn't. I was freezing cold too . Couldn't get warm . I had bad diahrea. When passing this I was in awfull pain . 2 lots of antibiotics and a week later I feel great . But I am dreading having another attack . Really feel for you .

• Posted

I have horrible pelvic pain with mine. I was hospitalized this last time. How are you doing now?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.