Pelvic pain with UC?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I found out last year I have ulcerative colitis and proctitis. Recently iv being suffering with lower back pain and lower abdomen pain. Am I right in saying that pelvis pain is one of the problems associated with IBD? I am having an internal check this Friday but they won't do a smear as I'm not due till next year. I don't have any other symptoms.

The pain is on and off and only mild and it is relived when I apply a hot water bottle and relax. It is not associated to my monthly cycle. Any ideas? Thank you.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Bexcd

I kave proctitis but I have managed to overcome it. For me it is definitely related to food alergy; Gluten, and Lactose. My doctor put me onto, Budenofalk which helped a lot, but for future I will be cutting on milk and some (not all) dairy, as I  I make my own yoghurt with lactose free milk, and 1-2 add probiotic tablets. Tasted nice and refreshing. 

• Posted

Hello,

Yes I am also gluten free and can't drink too much milk. Did you have pelvis pain at all? I think that maybe the pain is making it feel like it's in my stomach and back but it's actually my colon?

• Posted

Hi

I strongly suggest a coloscopy in consultation with your GP, to ensure it nothing major (e.g. cancer). But I did not have any pain, just regular bleeding with mucus and gassing (caused by lactose and bad bacteria). I also found out about Oregano oil to clean the colon. I got some direct from UK yesterday, could not find any in Australia. Budenofalk also an immune suppresant drug helped the first time I used it.

• Posted

Hi

Sorry about my spelling, yes. Colonoscopy is important. I do it every 4 years, to check for pulips, that very likely to turn to cancer after several years.

• Posted

Hi, my last colonoscopy was April 2016.

My dr just called and is going to give me a blood test to detect any inflammation. If that's negative I will have a pelvis ultrasound.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.