pelvic scan

Posted , 11 users are following.

Just an update for those of you who were kind enough to reassure me when my doctor suggested I have a pelvic scan. I've just had it and everything is fine (Thank God) The doctor told me I'm not in the menopause yet as I still have active ovaries (this is despite a six month break in my periods) so it looks like it is still the perimenopause. Main thing is I'm healthy. Thanks again for your support. Anyone else still having periods at 52? 

3 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kerry

Great news!!! 

Kerry i too had a scan last week, i have been almost a year no periods, i was told i had reached meno, non functioning ovaries, no follicles, thinner uterine wall of 4mm i am aged 50..

But last year 2013, i only had two periods and in 2012 only three periods.. Mine declined very steadily year by year over 9 - 10 years natural peri..

Jay jay xx

• Posted

A friend is still having periods at 55

Glad scan OK

Big Hug biggrin

• Posted

Thanks again, you're a lovely lot on here!
  • Posted

I am hapy to know and thanks for posting.  I belive docs try to verify if the worst is not happeningbut they really scare us...

XXX

• Posted

Hi kerry, i'm so please to hear all was good with your pelvic scan must be a weight off your mind.  I'm 51 coming up 52 in Oct and still having irregular periods. I'm definatley in peri as i have all the horrid debilitating, life changing symptoms that started for me about 2 yrs ago, could of been sooner but i didn't realise. Do you have dizziness cos i suffer with this the most at the moment.  Sending you a comforting hug x
    • Posted

Hi Anxiousface,

Ok so we're in the same boat, not that I'm happy that you're suffering too! I don't have the dizziness nor do i have the sweats, but I've had the extreme anxiety and really bad digestive problems. When my periods stopped the digestive problems were worse now they've started again it's eased up. Looks like this roller coaster is going to last a while! It's great to exchange with other women here, I know my mum suffered and had no-one to share it with; I hope today's a good day for you. 

• Posted

Hi Kerry

Certainly can relate to the bad digestive problems when your periods stopped.  My last proper period was Sept last year and Oct was when the digestive problems hit big time, cant eat very much at all even eating bland stuff I was still getting refluxy/indigestion and shocking pain at times.  Dr said I have ibs.  May then July this year I had a bit of spotting for a few days and my tummy seemed to be a little better while that was happening.  This last 11 months have been a nightmare with trying to cope with my tummy problems, not knowing what to eat and losing alot of weight, shocking anxiety and all the other symptoms.  Hopefully though my tummy is starting to get better, I still have to be careful what I eat but it does feel alot better this last 4 weeks or so.  Like all of us I just want this done with and hopefully get my old self back, without some of the weight though, lol.  I am so glad that all went well with your scan.

• Posted

Hi Jo 😀

me too hun, i have digestive probs, tummy.... 

in the morning never know what to expect... mostly its running to the loo and  a diarrhoea bout, if i tend to be abit anxious about something it can be worse, although my anxiety has improved alot ..

its only one bout i get and always in the morning .... 

my last period was 2 Sept 2013 ( i am in meno now confirmed by scan) 

last year and beginning if this year, it was more constipation, but now the opposite... i too have lost some weight... weigh 125lb ... 

but B6 and B12 can steady the weight etc .... and even cause abit of weight loss and I take those as they make me feel so well..

its a nuisance isnt it ...

have a good day Jo 

Jayxx

• Posted

Hi Jay,

Oh poo you still have tummy probs, I was hoping it would ease up once finished with peri...poor you with diarrhoea, I am the opposite, constipation, maybe that will turn to diarrhoea down the track, yeah for me.  So glad that your anxiety has improved, I also am getting alot better in the anxiety dept, especially the medical anxiety, though I do know I have a long way to go especially doing it without meds.  I am looking forward to the day that my tummy will let take b6, bit too scared to try it again atm but soon I will.  It definitely is a nuisance.

It is 7.20pm here now but thanks for your wishes and you have a great day Jay...

Jo xx

• Posted

Hi Jo

no, sorry it hasnt for me, I think its got worse...

i now take a pro biotic to see if that will help..

oh .... so B6 upsets you does it , does the B complex upset you too with B6 in it ... i started B6 in April, but already had the digestive thing, so it wasnt the B6 that caused it in my case..

difficult isnt it, as some supplements dont suit all ..

trial and error

good luck ... enjoy your evening..

its almost midday here ☺️

Jayxxx

• Posted

Hi Jay,

I am so sorry that your tummy probs have gotten worse and hope that it wont last too much longer.  I have been taking a probiotic for about 6 months and digestive enzymes for about 4 months. they probably are helping but the nutrionist gave me a homeopathic tummy remedy so I have been taking that for about 4 weeks and I have noticed a improvement since then.  I cant take anything by the looks of it that is B, tried it all and magnesium makes my heart speed up, the funny thing is that I used to take magnesium and have taken b vitamins prior to Oct last year and no probs.  Yep all trial and error.  Thanks so much and good luck to you,  Enjoy the rest of your day and evening...

Jo xxx

• Posted

Hi Kerry!

Glad to hear your scan turned out fine. I turned 56 last week and believe it or not, after 6 months of not having periods, they have returned sporadically starting this past April. So far this year I have had 4, last one starting August 1st. I have had all the tests (bloodwork included) and even one Gyn doctor declaring I was most certainly in full menopause this past January-oh so WRONG!

My current physician told me he has had a few patients still menstruating until 57-58 yrs old. Everyone is different. Truth be told, I feel saner still having periods, than when I was not. 

• Posted

Hi Annie,

Funny you should say about feeling saner, I have the PMT back but my digestive problems are better, it's just that I'd like to be on the other side because we've got to go through this at some time. I think patience is the key word here!

• Posted

I've not read all these as at work just quick reply. Too much progesterone can cause tummy upset if you supplementing at all. Hope helps anyway x 
    • Posted

Hi rcharris

thanks... 

no way i take progesterone, natural or other... but thanks 

been like it over many years ..... also magnesium can upset your tum for some ladies .. 

jay xx

• Posted

Hi rcharris

Thanks for your help.  I havent taken progesterone either and not likely to now that you have mentioned this. xx

• Posted

Hi Jo

i got sucked in with the natural progesterone cream works wonders in 2011, well into peri i was..

after a few months it restarted my periods, felt awful and had a lump in my breast... stopped taking it and all returned back to normal, lump went.

when I mentioned this to my Gyno last week, he said no no no, progesterone and natural progesterone messes women up, natural it is not... 

he said also for women that have reached meno, need estriol the gentle one, and maybe a little prog, and just estriol cream for little use for vag dryness..

heres what natural progesterone does ... stores up in your fatty tissue ..

****Progesterone cream dissolves in fat and can thus be stored in your fatty tissue.

The levels of progesterone steadily increase within fat tissue with prolonged use.

After a while, the amount being added every month, along with the amount being released from the fatty stores, causes elevated progesterone levels throughout the female cycle.

So, instead of supplementing a little progesterone during a short period of time the body becomes subjected to elevated levels throughout the female cycle, The body can then take the extra progesterone and make it into either testosterone or extra estrogen. Excess testosterone can also be made into estrogen. the body is thrown into a dangerous hormonal imbalance that does not serve to promote proper health.

scary stuff... it didnt suit me at all

i read an article about a company trying to sell it to other companies to sell stating its a real money spinner... ummmmmm 

jay jay xx

• Posted

Hi Jay,

thanks for finding this info, it is very scary stuff and ummmm alright, a money spinner,  yep its all about money,  no I wont be taking any hrt or bioidentical hormones.  4 or 5 months ago when I was feeling really bad and the drs couldnt do anything but suggest hrt or antidepressants, I rang up a menopause clinic in another state that does bioidenticals, I spoke to a gyno, I told him some of the 101 symptoms I was having at the time and he said straight away that I was low on progesterone and thats what they would give me, obviously having to have blood tests every month for the levels to be adjusted and for someone that doesnt like having blood tests that didnt sit too well for starters.  Anyway I asked around about them and was told that they actually are not so natural as part of the wild yam is bleached, this is from one person who has been in the natural medicine field for over 30 years knowledge on them.  I dont know how true this is but wasnt willing to find out.  To me the bottom line is that we really dont know how our bodies will react down the line to anything we put in them to try to make life a little bearable through this stage, like you though, it just doesnt sit right with me taking hormones for something that is a natural process, lol I can say that now cause I feel pretty good tonight, might be a different story when I feel like crap again hahaha...smile  thanks again for finding this info..

Jo  xx

• Posted

That money talks I'll not deny, I heard it once it said bye bye  smile
    • Posted

Hi Taz

oh a poet and we didnt know it 😃

hope your feeling well today Taz

i am dandy, doing the house hold chores, repotted some plants, the I have a minute, then come on here 😃

keeping amused and keeping busy ...

jay jay xx

• Posted

I write poetry but this was one of Cyril Fletchers Odd Odes on the TV show That's Life with Esther Rantzen. Loved it then and love it now smile
    • Posted

Hi Taz

poetry is beautiful 

richard armour wrote that one didnt he ..

gosh thats life with esther ... thats a blast from the past ..

jay xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.