Pelvic ultrasound technician calls in for a second opinion I'm freaked out

Posted , 5 users are following.

Today i went for a pelvic ultrasound which I was already nervous about because Dr suspects cysts but didn't schedule a follow-up. What was supposed to be a 30 minute test turned into an hour. The tech kept asking if I've had cervical problems in the past or family members. Then took some pictures with colors. Then during the intravaginal part she asked if she could bring in the other tech to help because he has 11 more years experience. He asked if I've had a history of infections and took some pictures himself. The 1st tech then had him look some of the pictures she had taken earlier(of what organs idk) and some of them had colors added to them too. This in itself freaked me out but then at the end the tech asked if I had a follow up scheduled. I ss8d no she said it would probably be Monday (Today is Friday) when radiologist reads it and writes report so if I don't hear from doctor by Tuesday I should the doc. This has me freaked out!! Dies this mean they saw something? I know I've on and off pain that's been more often and worse lately with pain. Thank you for any help or comments. I'm scared almost every cancer has been in my family and it's going to be a long weekend. Just needed to talk

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Well it's now Monday night and NO test results. Uugghhh called Dr office at 4 before closed person on phone said they hadn't came in yet. I really don't think it takes that long for a radiological test. If it had been done through an ER results don't take but maybe an hour!

• Posted

I know it takes a few days for someone to get results if you are not impatient xv
    • Posted

Thank you but it's still aggregating but good to know it's not just me

• Posted

Any news yet? I didn’t know I had a cyst until I got an US for my missing IUD strings. They found the IUD but also the cyst. It makes sense because I had some severe pain a couple months prior and have had intermittent pain since. Cramping and sharp pains. I hope they say it’s nothing major. Praying. 
  • Posted

Hey, I made it and have recovered pretty well. I had the robotic laparoscopic surgery on the 20th. I ended up with peritonitis and a urinary infection which made it harder than it could have been. I ran fevers everyday for a week but now with some antibiotics I'm making good progress. It turned out to be benign for which I am very grateful. They said it had fat, hair, and sebaceous oil in it, nothing real cool. I have to say I'm feeling better in some ways than I have in about 6 months. Hang in there, girls, there's a light at the end of the tunnel. I'm on track to return to work on the 13th. They said my dermoid was unusual in that I'm a little old for it, (47) it grew so big so fast, and I had another dermoid on the other ovary-- go figure.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.