PEM a symptom of anything else?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I’ve been experiencing extreme fatigue/tiredness, aching, headaches etc. I’ve had all my bloods done, I had a full thyroid panel done privately, my vitamin levels are normal.

Last night I went to the gym and within 3 hours my head was pounding and I couldn’t keep my eyes open, my body was aching. Today I’ve woken up so so so tired, my body is like jelly, I’ve been training for years so this isn’t normal. This has happened a lot after working out,

My question is, should I accept chronic fatigue syndrome? Or is post exertion malaise a symptom of anything else?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dan ,if your headache keeps getting worse maybe a ct or Mri just to make sure. another thing I want to ask you have you been taking antibiotics or ppis (stomach acid pills) when you started to experience these symptoms ?? pls let me know

• Posted

HI Ana, im so scared that its CFS. the gym is my life. the only things i take are sertraline (SSRIS) but like i say the symtpoms are worse after working out

• Posted

I understand ,don't give up keep investigating , I know it's hard

• Posted

you need to get all your bloodwork done for mono ebv lyme etc.

i too started this with an incredible ill feeling overwhelming fatigue but continued to work out very hard .with lots of coffee and b vitamins .

once i got diagmosed i had to stop working out and seemed to have got worse ... so if you do have cfs or ebv its important that you rest .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.