PEMF for BPH? (Pulsed ElectroMagnetic Field Therapy to Treat Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia) There ar

Posted , 8 users are following.

PEMF for BPH? (Pulsed ElectroMagnetic Field Therapy to Treat Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia)

There are claims that PEMF can help shrink an enlarged prostate gland.

There are some relatively inexpensive models on the market. For example, I purchased a SOTA model MP5 Pulser on EBay for less than $200. I used it for several weeks about 18 months ago - not enough time to matter but wanted to give prescribed medications a chance to do the job without the pulser.

I chose the MP5 because it emits relatively high ~2.5 ms pulses of 6000 gauss @ rate of .25 pulses/second (1 pulse per 4 seconds). Hopefully these pulses will penetrate through enough flesh and bone tissue to have a positive shrinking effect on my prostate. Note: Sota and probably all Pulser related businesses have disclaimers implying use at your own risk and consult your doctor first.

There are recognized medical uses for pulsers to help heal bone fractures.

My unit did seem to help clear my Renaud's and Chilbains conditions.

After no noticeable change in my symptoms (other than FloMax keeps me going), I have recently gone back to including PEMF along with prescribed FloMax and Finasteride medication.

Has anyone out there in Patient Land had any experience in shrinking the prostate using PEMF for BPH??? I would really like to get off the meds.

Electro-Magnetic. Pulsing

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Google for "Effect of Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Therapy on Prostate Volume and Vascularity in the Treatment of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: A Pilot Study in a Canine Model"

• Posted

There is recap on linked of PEMF treatment for BPH, google for "Prostate Hyperplasia or enlargement (BPH) and PEMF"

There is scientific article referenced, but you will get summary only.

• Posted

Thanks, cleoh, for directing us to the canine research and recap.  I hope it's legit and true that that PEMF can help humans having the condition.  Isreali doctors Yigal Gat and Menachem Goren provide a surgery based on a theory that  BPH is caused by testosterone being refluxed back into the prostate rather than draining to the main blood supply due to defective one-way valves. Would be great if PEMF would assist the body in repairing any such valve damage without surgery. 

• Posted

Within results of the Google search terms provided by Cleoh, 

Even more details of the Canine study conducted at University of Bari Aldo Moro Italy can be found by clicking on the button "Free PMC Article" or PMCID: PMC4145661

Their Pulser gauss was set lower than mine and frequency higher. Mine is fixed.

• Posted

You can also take a look at "Effects of pulsed electromagnetic fields on benign prostate hyperplasiaā€¯ Int Urol Nephrol 43(4):955-60. This study was done in humans. Prostate size of the PEMF-treated was significantly reduced and a 1-yr follow-up of the group revealed that results obtained by the treatment were still remaining.

How is PEMF therapy working out for you? 

• Posted

Thanks for bringing that study to our attention.  They speak of "radiofrequencies generated by an ion magnetic inductor.  My understanding of my SOTA PEMFdevice is that, when the magnetic field collapses, all kinds of frequencies are generated.   Not sure they are saying same thing.  Also don't know where the lost matter would have gone.   Is it a kinder-gentler form of ablation?  Those results were published in 2011.   My ur advised against messing with that stuff.  

Since recovering from my initial Emergancy visit to drain my bladder and removal of catheter, my symptoms have not changed  noticeably.   I stlll need 1 Flomax  every 30 hour.  If I stretch that any further, I get some apparent infection spotting noticed mostly in morning when get out of bed.   Appearance of spotting mater is like I had a dirty wet dream without the pleasure.  Not painful either.  Since I started on Flomax, I have not had to make trips to pee during the night.   Occasionallly I revert back to 24 hour flomax routine for seveal days if I sense weak streams or bladder backup or spotting.

Sometimes I think PEMF brings on that spotting like maybe it loosens stuff up.    Initially, my ur said I have a huge prostate. Never had it measured with Xray or MRI. though.   Can't say that  Finasteride  has done anything for me or to me.   Maybe keeping things from getting worse.  Not puting more hair on my head either - damn it.

I do hope someone will continue with the study.  Maybe just not enough profits if it turns out that  PEMF does work.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.