PEMF for Prostatic Hyperplasia

Posted , 7 users are following.

Is anybody familiar with or has tried a PEMF ( Pulsed Electromagnetic Field ) device for the treatment of Prostatic enlargement symptoms?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

, so, pray tell, what is that? Have not ever heard of it would like to hear about it.

• Posted

Put PEMF into the search box as there were several posts on it a week or so ago.

• Posted

Snake oil...

• Posted

is that based or experience or research or just a hunch ?

• Posted

Why all the publications are circa 1990ths? It's one of the of quack scams. Don't fall for it. There is no know mechanisms of Magnetic or slow changing EM fields influencing a living cell. I'm a professor of Physics. Read this site:

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/pulsed-electromagnetic-field-snake-oil/

At best it's a placebo effect. Don't trust the writers who claim they cured their BPH through PEMF. Better don't waste your time om studying it or God forbid your money on the devices. Find a suitable less invasive treatment, don't waste the time on quack science.

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply and the link.

• Posted

I have read a few posts on this web site in the last couple months about PEMF. A person named Bob mentioned it.

I just looked up information on the internet about it. It looks interesting. One study with dogs claimed a 57% reduction in prostate size in 3 weeks, with Two 5 minute treatments per day for 3 weeks.

It claims to work by increasing blood flow to the prostate. One thing that confuses me is that PAE claims to shrink the prostate by reducing blood flow. PEMF advoctes claim that it also reduces inflamation in the prostate and that may be one of its mechanisms to reduce prostate size.

There is a doctor in Naples Florida offering the treatment.

With results like it shows, it seems like there would be more research about it.

Thomas

• Posted

Then, buy it for your dog...

All research for all the EM treatments offered at some Eastern European resorts are over long ago, maybe in the mid 20th century. There are no resonance frequencies in cells for EM radiation, there are no known mechanisms of interaction between EM and cells, let alone to shrink already enlarged cells. It's all quackery and illiteracy, disproved by control clinical studies. You are right you need to kill cells, not increase blood flow with DHT to them. I posted a link to the site with control study in my earlier post. I spend my time on writing because quackery is very dangerous, interferes with real medical treatment, gives false hopes. So are all these natural remedies and Chinese medicines. You need a surgery or PAE for you BPH, or Avodart if you don't need erection anymore. Period. There are not miracle cures for BPH.

• Posted

How is it done ? Is the device inserted into the rectum or held over the stomach ?

I had a PEMF device some years ago to treat tendonitis. It did not help and it went back to the supplier under their guarantee,

• Posted

It works best when inserted into the rectum of the supplier and even better when into the advertiser's rectum 😃. There is no scientific reason or evidence that it should work for anything.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.