PEMF machines

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does anyone have experience of using these magnetic devices.  According to the adverts they are the anwer to insomnia, but they are very expensive and I would like to know if they work!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

From what I gather it is more frequently used for pain relief. If your rich give it a try. If not then forget about it, 20 grand for some machine that may be completely useless? No thanks.
  • Posted

What is a PEMF machine?
    • Posted

It is Pulsed Electromagnetic fields and it is claimed the device will help with insomnia.  There are some sophisticated expensive ones on the market, but some cheaper versions too, like on  Amazon.  I have bought one of these and am awaiting the results!!!
  • Posted

I bought a Sota MP5 pulser (Pulsing ElectroMagnetic Field)on Ebay for a few hudred bucks.  It seemed to help with Raynauds and Chilblains conditions.    Don't know about insomnia though.   Best thing for me is to turn radio low volume and try to concentrate on a boring talk station.   Works every time for me.

I actually bought the pulser to see if it would help with my enlarged prostate BPH condition.  Saw the doc after several weeks PEMF use and decided to go with his care rather than the pulser.   Of course the FloMax got me going again but with expected side effects.   Also taking Finasteride in hopes of shrinking the gland but, if it has shrunk after about 9 mo use, I detect no improvement in symptoms.

So, dusted off the pulser and adding the PEMF Theropy to my meds regiment.

The Medical establishment probably not interested in having clients treating themselves with such inexpensive machines for whatever reasons and I understand that. There have been reports of PEMF shrinking prostates in canine as well as human studies but I am not aware of any personal success stories.  

Gat/Goren  (in Isrial) has patent application WO2009010962 A3 since around 2008 on a procedure they claim will prevent testostorone from refuxing back into the prostate gland involving one-way valves. I'm hoping  PEMF will possibly loosen up these valves in my bod.

There hasn't been much recent on-line chatter on the subject.

Does anyone reading this have any first-hand knowledge of PEMF success stories in regards to BPH condition? 

• Posted

I bought an Micro-Pulse ICES for a few hundred a few weeks ago.  I'm using it for inflammation.  I'm not sure if its a placebo effect or not but I can tell a difference in pain when I use it.  I have RA and inflamed ankles, achilles tendons and toes.  I can tell a difference and told my husband that even as a placebo - its worth it to be able to go up and down the stairs!  He agreed and he does not spend money easily!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.