Penicillin VK 500mg for Stomach Ulcer?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does Penicillin work against H Pylori? I understand that Amoxicillin is the recommended antibiotic to treat ulcers but I already have a treatment of Penicillin available to me. I know it's not a great idea for me to be treating this myself but so far everything is very minor. I know that I have an ulcer but don't want to go through the doctors visits and test to tell me what I already know. Any medical advice would be grateful, thanks for your time.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Wrisley, You are right, you should not be treating yourself with left-over antibiotics...NOT all ulcers are caused by h.pylori and you need a test to be sure before you treat it with antibiotics, not only can it cause you to become resistant to antibiotics, using them repeatedly w/o an infection, it will not heal an ulcer caused by non-h.pylori....like from anti-inflammatories & other meds, alcohol, stress, excessive stomach acid, etc...h.pylori can be treated and go away, just because you have an ulcer, it doesn't mean it is the same cause...HOWEVER, if your DR is certain its h.pylori, due to your past presentations, he may say to go ahead & take it...you may not need to go in.... lots of Dr are just working via phone & treating out of caution, so you might just need a call, even a NP can help...Good Luck & BEST WISHES!!💒🎶🌈🍀☮♾🐾

• Posted

Penicillin is a type of antibiotic from what i remember. It should work, give it time, and be persistent.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.