Penile Bumps on Glans Penis

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've had these small bumps on the glans penis for about 2 months or so now. I have never had sexual intercourse with anyone in any way or form. I'm 22. I have recieved all the standard vaccination shots. There is a bit of redness and itchiness but nothing unbearable. There is also a bit of irritation and sensativity as well. There is also this red line that appeared right on the corona as well. I've had those small tiny white bumps on the corona for a long time too. Please help me decifier what this is! 

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Those are Pearly Penile Papules. Yours are less noticeable than the ones I had. They are perfectly harmless but a confidence breaker.
    • Posted

I see. Is there any way to get rid of them?
    • Posted

You can with surgery. Though you can leave them be.
    • Posted

What kind of surgery? Did you do it?
  • Posted

Agree with brian regarding small papules rimming the glans. The slight irregularities on the skin of the glans proper is also normal and varies over time. Normal penis.
    • Posted

Right but I'm talking more specifically about on the glans penis as well near the urethral meatus,. There are a few white, raised dots near there.

• Posted

I mentioned seeing these...as being small irregularities on the glans proper as opposed to the corona or rim. I don't believe they represent any pathology. The skin of the glans is still skin and very delicate skin at that. Mucus membrane in uncircumcised males and epithelialized (normal ) skin in circumsized males. Because of this, the glans is more like the inside if your cheek than the shaft of the penis which is normal skin and is thus the glans is very sensitive to irritants. I suspect it is nothing. But keep us up to date!

• Posted

I see. Yeah, my doctor did a battery of tests. He did a culture for Herpes and that came back negative. Then he put me on some anti-bacterial med, nothing changed. Then he put me on antifugal oral medication and a cortizone/betamethazone cream and that didn't change things much either. I just want to know what this is already! He said we could do a biopsy but that would involve numbing my penis, plus the local anestheic and them having to cut a slice and cauterize doesn't sound appealing at all. I just hope this goes away! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.