Penile Injury; Any thoughts/ideas?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello all,

I'm a 21 year old male and unfortunately injured my penis about a year and 8 months ago from something called jelqing. It's a "natural method" of penis enlargement as I was very insecure of my size at the time. You basically use lube to "milk" the blood forward in the penis and trap it there. I followed all precautions but never the less, after only 3 weeks of doing it, I found that almost all of my sexual sensitivity was gone. I've seen many doctors and done endless research as I can't let myself quit. I've tried accepting it but I simply can't have any sort of healthy sex life if I don't find something as there is barely any sensitivity on my penis to generate an erection.

FYI when I say pleasurable sensitivity, I mean the sexually pleasing sensitivity. I don't have any numbness where I can't feel my penis.

Symptoms:

-Spider veins in shaft that only show while erect.

-White spots on glans (only show when flaccid)

- Almost no pleasurable sensitivity on top or sides of shaft. Almost none on bottom until you get within an inch of the glans where it's about 30% what it used to be.

- Glans are also 25-30% what they used to be except on right side where they're about 20%. glan and upper belly sensitivity go down to like 10% for a couple days if I masturbate then work their way back up (never used to happen, everything used to stay at 100%, I'd just be less horny.)

-I have feeling in penis at all times, it has never gone completely numb but certainly has lost most of the sensitivity almost all of the pleasurable sensitivity in some areas. Just about every part of my body has more sensitivity than the bottom 3/4's of my shaft.

- After injury, I masturbated every week or so to see if sexual feeling was getting better and a couple weeks in, I suddenly got a sharp pain on top left shaft very close to base while masturbating. It was while I was slightly pushing my erection downwards to make a 90 degree angle (which I had done a million times before). To relieve it, I had to pull erection to belly. After this happened twice, I quit masturbating for months.

-If I do cobra pose to stretch abs/stomach, I get dull ache at top and sides of base of penis for awhile (didn't ever happen before injury).

-I have 1 hard vein since injury. Not the largest main vein but probably equal to the 2nd largest. It's slightly buried under the skin and runs all the way from top center at base down to the top left base of glans. My guess is it's a dorsal artery. 

After I quit masturbating like 2 months in, I think I made it like 3 months without it. Then after another week or 2, I stopped and probably made it like 6 months, then recently went 9 months and just started doing it again as my new Pelvic Floor therapist has instructed me to. She told me to keep everything in a comfortable position when doing it but after 9 months, anything that wants to heal would've and I should stimulate the nerves that are working.

I've seen 3 urologists, all no help. They said they've never seen anything like it and let it heal itself.

What I'd like to try and find out is if there's any tests or even new technologies anyone here might recommend I try. Stuff like Nerve growth factor or stem cells? Any tests that could actually locate or diagnose the problem. You know, tell me whether I have scar tissue, a partially torn ligament, compressed nerve, damaged nerve, etc. I'd like to pinpoint something because what if it is fixable? What if I could've been using some essential oil or vitamin this whole time to give a chance at healing? I can easily see a new urologist but if I do, I'd like to be prepared with a game plan on what tests I should get and why in case he's anything like the other 3 I've seen. 

Also something I will mentioned real quick as a lot of people like to jump to this. This is not something that stays on my mind. This is not something that consumes me or has me depressed. I stay very busy with work and find happiness in many other ways so I can promise this issue is not mental or something that is caused by poor mental health/anxiety/depression. 

Thank you for reading all this and bearing with me, any input is much appreciated, I promise.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I'm feeling for you. Yours is a cautionary tale for any man who wants to increase their penis size. I've been tempted a couple of times when younger, but didn't know at the time that there were such methods.

Now after a reasonably happy sex life and two children later, any of the previous insecurities seem a distant memory!

I don't know what to offer as regards information or advice. Surely, eventually the body's natural recovery processes should bring back your penile health - meanwhile don't forget there are plenty of alternative ways to enjoy sex with a partner without penetration. Don't let this stop you engaging with a partner(s). As I get older (68 this year) the more I am glad of friendship and companionship rather than sexual activity with my wife.

• Posted

Right? There were many cautionary tales out there before me but I was too optimistic to search "injuries from jelqing" in google before trying it myself. Learned a big lesson the hard way there.

I hear ya. Most chicks out there care more about the type of person you are than your penis. This is why I've come to terms with the size I was once so insecure about. Just wish I had come to terms a lot sooner.

Thank you for the advice and good word.

• Posted

Hello, what yuou are explaining could be a result of a small burst in the corpus cavernoseum. If this is so then it will take a long time to heal. If The nerves are compressed or damaged I haven't been taught anything about it. But I have heard of doctors using stem cells and injecting it into the penis to improve penile function. I'll try and find an article on it or a website. While in the long term it's a lot of work but I've learned that restoring your foreskin uncovers nerves that are buried by calluses. If you are uncircumcised maybe try and find a way that is more stimulation or maybe more friction. Don't overdo it though! Erections carry good nutrients and oxygen for the penis but jelquing should be used in moderation and minimal as possible.

Why are you so self confident in your size? The average is a lot smaller than people think

• Posted

Hey Tangki, that's interesting. Haven't heard of that possibility before so I'll add it to the list! Is there a way to diagnose that? 

I'm going to get a nerve test (can't think of the test name off top of my head, I think it's something sonogram) so it'll determine that. 

I've heard of the stem cell injections! Only thing about it is it seems to be advertised directly for penis enlargment so I wonder how much it would help. I need to look into that more perhaps. Maybe I'll give it a try minus the suction thingy they recommend as it won't be for increasing size. Not messing with size again until they've got bionic penises on the market lol.

I'm circumcised. I hear ya. I'm not self conscious in the way I used to be about it but having a girth of 4.2 inches has always had me embarrassed. I've seen too many of my friends' penises and penises in the gym locker room to not know I'm small. Just something you adapt to. Wish I had found better adapting methods!

Thanks for responding, wasn't expecting anyone to write me back tbh.

• Posted

Hi Darwayne, you have had quite a reaction to your jelqing adventure.  I am sorry that it has resulted in what you have experienced.  Due to a chronic skin condition I practice jelling to restore / retain a glans that looks something like an average adult size.  I also use a penis developer as part of my regime to maintain penile health.  I am very well aware that it is all too easy to injure the penis with any technique that is used.

It sounds like you practice Yoga?  Having a Pelvic Floor therapist is not something many men have access to, which is interesting.  I mention these things as my preference of what to do would be to purely use Natural Healing - in time, the penis will recover from what it is you have experienced.

My advice would be to use gentle massage, for example.  You need to find a useful regime that you put in place to help your penis on the journey of recovery.  Hopefully other people on here will suggest other things that you can try.  I would emphasise, be gentle, be caring, be kind to your penis and in time the healing process may begin to show positive aspects, but this sounds like it will take a long time and you will need to persist with simply, being kind to your penis.  Much of this will be a case of finding what works well, and what is not helpful. 

• Posted

Yes, it's good that you know the possible risks involved as I was dumb enough not to surf the web for horror stories like my own before trying it. 

I don't practice yoga but am willing to do what I need to via trial and error to see if anything helps me in this journey. I only do stretches for pelvic floor and found them searching forums for pelvic floor stretches.

I agree, lucky to have found a PF therapist near me that takes my insurance! It took some serious searching, had to call a lot of physical therapy places as she wasn't well advertised (yet still very booked). She treating me as though a nerve is compressed somewhere so we're doing trial and error for now. I'm lucky she hasn't shot me down due to the lack of symptoms I have compared to most guys with PF issues.

I hope so, gonna stay positive! Life goes on

• Posted

Hello,any update with your condition?did you manage to make any notable progress towards recovery?If so,would you please tell me what you did?Please I am desperate and dont know what to do

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.