Penis gland and shaft red don’t know why

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi. i had sex about 6 months ago and got a rash on my penis. went to the doctor and got an std test and it came back negative. i have also used antifungal creams and a steroid cream which both didnt clear anything up. i have an appointment to see a dermatologist in about 3 months and was wondering if anyone knew of anything else i could try to fix the problem in the mean time. i dont know what is wrong and it doesnt seem my doctor could diagnose me with anything.!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

To add on to the post the redness also gets worse and better at some points cant really determine when or why.

• Posted

Hey Matt

It is hard to say what it is from. Good that it not a STD.

Did you change soaps or laundry detergent that could do that.

Or when you have sex did you use a condom. You may be allergic to latex??

Hope you find out the problem......Ken

Just read the other. Have you brought any new under ware???

• Posted

the redness showed up the day after sex and it was unprotected. i have not bought any new underwear. i have changed laundry detergent but i dont wash my penis with soap just warm water as instructed by my doctor.

• Posted

Matt

I would go back to the other laundry detergent. You may be allergic to something in the one you have now. Yes don't use any soap on you penis. I'm 63 and I try things once. I got some soap that is made with goat milk. It makes the skin soft. I do wash my groin but try to avoid the penis. I'm hairy so I have to wash a few time a day

Remember do not rub. Try that cream I told you so you wont itch it..

Take care.. Be Safe.Ken

• Posted

maybe a little more information will help determine what is wrong. i had unprotected sex at a friends house so did not shower or anything till the next day. the next morning i notice one single red spot on the head of penis which then grew into what looked like a rash on the penis head and shaft. there is no pain or itchyness or discomfort. it had gotten better from what it used to be but is still red like in the pictures.

• Posted

Well Jim

I have been reading up on a few things that may cause someone a rash. Being you said that it was unprotected sex ( Father coming out. You should know better ) I'm sorry but in this world if your not married or in a committed relationship. You should always cover up.

Now that I said that. I was thinking about something. Did you use any lube during sex because it may be something like a rug burn. A rug burn is red and it does take time to heal. If you didn't use any lube the rubbing is going to make yourself raw.

I am trying still going to look on the internet again.

Take care .... Be safeKen

• Posted

does this look like psoriasis to anyone? a dermatologist said it was psoriasis but i dont seem to have any of the symptoms of psoriasis and its no where else on my body. no one in my family has had it either.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.