pentasa

Posted , 6 users are following.

since starting on pentasa in october im a different person having no symtoms at all and im not just saying that i really mean my symtoms have completely gone for now fingers crossed i dont see many people on this site upping the results of this medication i was on asacol pre this med with mixed results mainly not good at the moment im eating what i want when i want with no thoughts in my head about a nearby toilet etc anyone else had the same results

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi John,

I am truly delighted for you. This is a wretched condition and to read stories such as yours is an absolute pleasure and tonic.

Long may you remain in happy remission!

Kindest regards,

Peter A

• Posted

sounds good, hope it continues that way for you. ive tried it a few times and it has helped me whilst taking it but back to square one when stopped. we are all different, so fingers crossed for you!

• Posted

Asacol, Octasa and Pentasa are all mesalazine (sometimes called mesalamine) which is in the class of drugs called aminosalicylates - anti-inflammatory drugs. Having said, that I suffered dizzyness and intolerable back pain on Pentasa which disappeared when I was switched to Octasa. It makes me wonder if there are differences in the minor constituents of the different brands which affect IBD sufferers in different ways.

• Posted

It did the same for me, all i can say is be diligent with it. I was symptom free for years on Pentasa and came off it for a few months and went through my worst flare since having the disease.

Good Luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.