Pentasa slow release

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all. Been on pentasa 2g for few weeks, now having 1g suppositories due to proctitis flare. Does anyone feel really tired on Pentasa and get mild headaches /light dizziness too?

Thanks in advance.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello! I am on 2.4g of Mezavant which has the same active ingredients as pentasa. (mesalamine 5asa) I have been taking them for about 5 weeks and indeed do feel really tired at times (esp early evening) and suffer from headaches too. I don't get the dizziness though. I suffered from these symptoms while my UC/Crohns (doctors still not sure which I have) was active but not diagnosed, (I wasn't taking any medication) so I am undecided if it's the meds or a the disease. During the 2nd or 3rd week of taking Mezavant, I suffered from bloody diarrhoea, body aches, night sweats,fever, chest pulps for a good 3 days. I really thought it was side affects but it started to get better after 4 days so I figured it was a flare up. In the last few weeks things are seem to be under control (only slight bleeding and more or less good bowel movements) but the tirdness and headaches still continue. The headaches are not every day but do seem to hit me at least once a week and sometimes are pretty bad. Good luck with your condition and medication, wish you the best. smile

• Posted

Thankyou for your reply. I can't sometimes tell if its the meds or the UC. I haven't any blood at mo, but colon feels sore down left side and under ribs above. I feel really tired atm even after plenty of sleep. Looks like tiredness is a side effect of Pentasa. Im off to America on my hols soon and im trying to feel the best i can.

• Posted

Hi , Im on Pentasa 2g granules for about 3 weeks now but im also on steriods and put the side effects down to them , can't sleep even though i take first thing in the morning. Is the Pentasa working for you , has it calmed down the flare?

Mark

• Posted

Hi Mark. The pentasa is just for maintenance, i had a mild proctitis flare which im taking pentasa suppositories for,they work really well. I was the same on steriods but felt better as they reduced. Its hard to get the right meds for each individual as we are all different. Hope you feel better soon.

Sally.

• Posted

I am still surprised about the range of symptoms and how some days are totally different then the next. This makes it's pretty hard for others to understand what we have to go through. sad When were you diagnosed with UC? I was diagnosed in early January 2018 (crohns or UC) and so it's very early days for me! (although had visible symptoms for the best part of 2017) I hope you can gain energy and get things under control for your hols! smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.