Pentasa Suppository

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi There

I took my first Pentasa Suppository last night. Passed stool 4 hours later however I noticed some of the dissolved suppository came out with stool. grainy purple black . Does this mean that not all of it got absorbed ? is this normal ?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yep totally normal. Thats why they advise to insert suppositories last thing at night so they have all night to totally dissolve. Try using them kast thing as advised

• Posted

thx for the reply

would have some of the suppository have been absorbed though?

its difficult at night as my bowls tend to start moving later at night closer to 23h00/00h00 which only allows for the suppository to be in for 4 hours max . so i might try and insert suppository much earlier in late afternoon whilst bowls are inactive

• Posted

Oh yes some of the suppository would have been absorbed definitely. You just need to work out a time for insertion which will give you maximum amount of time for absorption before you need to empty your bowel...good luck

• Posted

Hi Danielle, I was exactly the same when I started those but I found them still to be effective although it doesn't happen overnight. For me it took about a month, but then I was completely symptom free.

😃

• Posted

Thank you 😃

this is a long journey but have to hold in there and let the meds do their thing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.