Pentosan (PPS) Special Access Scheme and clinical trials.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone used Pentosan Polysulfate (PPS) to treat their OA? 

I’ve seen a number of articles and videos talking about accessing it via the special access scheme or clinical trial happening at the moment? 

Appears to be working well.

Has anyone used it or have any more information on this?

Much appreciated. 

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Haven't heard of this but am interested. What I'm doing sure isn't working & I'm tired of surgery.

• Posted

I'm looking at it too Scott.. would be interested finding out more info and feedback from others too. 

Have fun not read and heard positive things. 

• Posted

Have only read and heard positive things... (auto correct fell in above)
  • Posted

Looks like they've been using it on horses for years. I know lots of farm folks who doctor themselves w/animal products they get at the farm & fleet. I'm not that brave smile Hope they don't tie this up in clinicals too long. Doen't seem like the trials are going on in the states.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.